Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public liability insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

See my policy is supposed to cover me for theft of £1k worth of gear... and presumably the other windy had that too but after reading of them refusing it I'm somewhat confused as to what is actually covered by that £1k theft cover.
  Get them to put in writing exactly what you are covered for , what you have described is a common problem people think they are covered for stuff that they arnt and only find this out when they try and claim . With mine the theft side for poles etc there has to be signs of forced entry , this stopes you claiming if you leave the van unlocked . 

Mine is also a new for old policy so if my 3k pole is stolen they won’t say it’s 4 years old and only worth £500 they will pay out the 3k and I have all this in writing so should the worst happen they have no choose but to pay out there is no wriggle room 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, just wondering Where the best place is to look for insurance?

To a degree it depends what you want or need most commercial  companies now want 5 million cover , where as domestic 1 million should be ok , so it depends what you are doing , we are with Alexander swan they are very good and competitive on price 

Back