Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump Pulsing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ched999uk

Noticed today and yesterday that the flow from the brush is increasing and decreasing. I was in a quiet location today and I could hear the pump going on and off. The battery voltage is sitting at about 12.4v and same issue on all poles so not univalve.

I haven't looked at the V11 controller yet or connections - I did put the new reel in with new 6mm hose (old hose was 6mm) at Christmas and I don't think I recalibrated.

Before I start investigating any ideas?
Cheers

I would try auto calibrating first. This happened to me and as soon as I auto calibrated the problem was solved
Yep you where right. I recalibrated and all good - C32.
Before I re calibrated I watched the controller and it was going between flow rate that I set (80 - pump (old) then DI) and DE so all I needed to do was look at the controller to see. Bit weird as it has been fine since Christmas and just last day it has been pulsing.

The two factors for the need to recalibrate would have been New hose, and low temperatures in the last couple of days.

Although the new hose was still 6mm the hose wall was likely a little stiffer compared to the older hose, The low temps would also affect how quickly the hose can expand. Reducing the space for water to flow. The pump would have to work a little harder to compensate, Cal might have bee a little low due to these two factors and the pump would cycle as described. Auto calibration is the quickest way to resolve these issues. But as always set the flow rate first to the preferred setting

Cheers

The two factors for the need to recalibrate would have been New hose, and low temperatures in the last couple of days.

Although the new hose was still 6mm the hose wall was likely a little stiffer compared to the older hose, The low temps would also affect how quickly the hose can expand. Reducing the space for water to flow. The pump would have to work a little harder to compensate, Cal might have bee a little low due to these two factors and the pump would cycle as described. Auto calibration is the quickest way to resolve these issues. But as always set the flow rate first to the preferred setting

Cheers
Yes the Pure Freedom 6mm hose has thicker walls than my old one. All good now I recalibrated, thanks.

In relation to this I learnt a valuable lesson this week! I fitted a new leisure battery to my system. Totally forgot that this would reset my controller. After a couple of hours at work my pump was getting hot, to the point you could smell it! I checked all electrical connections etc and couldn’t find anything wrong. Turns out the controller had reset to a dead end of C99 and the pump wasn’t cutting out when I shut off the water using my univalve. Auto calibrated the controller and the pump cuts out at the right time and no longer overheats ??

Latest Posts

Back