pumping rain

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by john39, Mar 3, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. john39

john39 Well-Known Member

my friend lives on a farm, and I have 5 iibc tanks filled with rain.
    the reading range from 10ppm - 20ppm, im wanting a submersible pump to drop into each tank to pump the water through my di and into barrels. anyone know of a pump that would suit this setup?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

3. john39

john39 Well-Known Member

so is posting

4. john39

john39 Well-Known Member

my di is 11 ltr, im looking a pump that wont blow the di resin

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I wouldn't know what submersible pump to buy, so that's why I typed 'submersible pump' in the search box and I found an answer that I shared with you. Just pointing it out in case you were unaware of it.

6. john39

john39 Well-Known Member

no probs m8 thanks. I know that to much water pressure will blow the resin to ****

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'd pump the water out of IBC using submersible pump straight into your tank and put the di in the van. At least your resin will last longer that way by having the water go through slower.

EDIT; you're using barrels. I dunno then.

8. john39

john39 Well-Known Member

I use barrels mate and backpack

9. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

You could build a battery & pump box. Think there's a thread somewhere about building one for a diy trolley.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

As ibc's come in two sizes of lids to save issues getting a sub pump in by cutting a bigger hole you would need a slim line sump pump which can be really expensive to buy.
    Next best thing is to maybe use a bilge pump http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-1100-GPH-Water-BILGE-PUMP-Submersible-Yacht-Boat-Marine-Sea-/271315424686?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item3f2ba8d5ae but needs 12 volt supply.
    Alternatively you could try gravity feeding from the outlet on the ibc's if they are full to fill containers but either way you will also need an inline sediment filter before the di to stop **** getting through. Another way to boost the flow is to add a decent flow rate pump inline from the ibc outlet to your sediment filter/di.

Advertisement