Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure freedom reelmaster

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ken29

Hi everyone.
Has anyone had a problem with the motor on their reelmaster? Mine seems to be slowing down, it takes a few seconds to get going and the torque feels weaker. Do I need a new motor or is there something else I could try?

Thanks

Hi everyone.
Has anyone had a problem with the motor on their reelmaster? Mine seems to be slowing down, it takes a few seconds to get going and the torque feels weaker. Do I need a new motor or is there something else I could try?

Thanks
Volt meter out check voltage of battery and all electrical connectors. Also check the fuse may be on its way.

As above check the battery condition first that will make it slower ,just because the battery is showing fully charged doesn’t mean it’s not knackerd it needs a drop test doing to confirm it’s a healthy battery

Ok I would still get the battery checked though just to make sure it’s not faulty , it could have a cell down even from new , stupid question but you haven’t accidentally turned the speed controller down have you ?

Call PF on Monday. They have tech support who will be able to point you in the right direction. They’re very proud of the reel master so I don’t see they’ll want to just accept a motor has broken and sell you a new one. They would want to troubleshoot and help you fix it first.

Call PF on Monday. They have tech support who will be able to point you in the right direction. They’re very proud of the reel master so I don’t see they’ll want to just accept a motor has broken and sell you a new one. They would want to troubleshoot and help you fix it first.
Have you forgotten pure freedom is now owned by wcw and they don’t give a dam about anything 😂😂😂

Ok I would still get the battery checked though just to make sure it’s not faulty , it could have a cell down even from new , stupid question but you haven’t accidentally turned the speed controller down have you ?
@Ken29 needs to give more info. For example, the make, model and capacity of the battery.

If the o/p has a split charge relay or a battery to battery charger on the van, does the hose reel run faster with the engine running?
If it does, then suspect a battery or power supply issue somewhere. The fuse holder is always a prime suspect as are the battery terminals.

I appreciate that it's not winter yet, but as the temps drop, batteries perform less well and the hose gets stiffer.

Just another point @Ken29 It's a long process to check a leisure battery. You can't put a drop test on it in the same way they test a starter battery. If they do, they will kill it for sure and you will have to replace it. It needs to be fully charged and then a known load within the capabilities of the battery is put on it until the battery is flat. In other words, if the load is 10 amp and the battery is 100 amp, then the battery should last 10 hours.

This test shouldn't be done often as it doesn't do the battery any good.

Last edited:
Back