Putting Sum One In A Van

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by kevingreenawa8, Feb 21, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kevingreenawa8

kevingreenawa8 Newcomer

Hi all my round is up to £2000 a ever 4
    Weeks now thinking of buying a new van
    And putting sumone in it I have two much Work for my self do any of you have Two vans on the road and we are going in to bin cleaning two.we are trying to billed a big business up get 4 to 5 vans on the road how you lot got any tip for me and the business side is all new to me. Im only 26 as well tip please will help thanks

Advertisement
  2. harunh

harunh Legend

Good to hear mate :) why dont u take some bad customers of ya round? Replace them with quality :) and if i was u id just stick to window cleaning ;) go for 8 grand every 4 weeks ;) then ull have ariund 3 vans on the road

3. mark m

mark m Hero

Good luck in extending your business just be careful who you employ there some dodgy people around they can easier take work from you. It is not as easy as it sounds cost of van ,all the gear, insurance holiday pay etc

4. instrength

instrength Well-Known Member

Good luck hope it all goes well for you :) , on the getting someone... go with your gut. If you are in two minds don't employ them. Over the years I've found "Loyalty" and a "can do approach" outweighs exam results.

Give them a trial 1 month or two.

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I think it would be better just having 2 men from 1 van? A lot less in expenses

6. harunh

harunh Legend

Agreed

7. OoO

OoO Guest

This works quite well, just make sure they do a proper day tho and not talk all day!

But it makes the job far more enjoyable! Especially on cold or hot days!

8. Having a second person in the same van means that you need a big enough tank to keep you both going all day.

9. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I was behind you the other week by our place I thought shall I run his van off the road lol .

10. steve32

steve32 Member

I have just recently done something a long the lines, but not got a second van. Just added a 2nd trolley to my current van and added a friend of mine. One of us round the front and one round the back or if two houses are close then a house each and i also send him off to canvass the houses around current customers. At the moment he is getting a drink a day out of it, but shortly as we get more work he should be doing £120 - £150 a days worth of work, which i will give him percentage of. Hopefully one day he will have a van and a lad with him, and ill have another lad with me. And ill be looking for a percentage off all three plus what i earn myself which is a steady day doing £120 - £150

Advertisement