Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quotes for Customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Are fan jets ok for rinsing when doing gfs cleans ?. How do  you determine what angle fan jets you need , I see they come with several options ?.. 
I will go with fan jets I think see how I get on . I go with the Gardiner x2 100 degree fan jets . They look like they give a good rinse even on half flow . So I save water as I only have a 500 litre tank and I be topping up at spotless water site so the more water i save the Better . I know what you mean Davy about all the videos there are a lot on here and all different views . So I think I will embrace the Fizz ?

I tried fan jets years ago hated them found they sprayed water everywhere, are the newer ones better ? I have tried rinse bars and again don’t  like them at all , we have 2mm pencils on all brushes and like them , are you saying with the fans that you rinse on the glass and it puts water above the brush ? So you can sort of clean and rinse at the same time ?  
Fans only spray water everywhere if they're allowed to by the operator. They should be kept very close or touching the window at all times, this will prevent this. Two separate phases as normal to ensure thoroughness. Wash /agitate as normal. Rinse on the glass bringing down a full width curtain of water. The fans are fitted within the brush in place of pencil jets. Only a little level of water will be above the brush. I can't speak for anyone else but that's perfect for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried fan jets years ago hated them found they sprayed water everywhere, are the newer ones better ? I have tried rinse bars and again don’t  like them at all , we have 2mm pencils on all brushes and like them , are you saying with the fans that you rinse on the glass and it puts water above the brush ? So you can sort of clean and rinse at the same time ?  
If you have new brushes with the jet capsules the orientation of the jets is set correctly it's ensuring they are fitted correctly with older brushes and jet's also as @Davy G has said above keep em close or touching, you should be aware by now just how much I have gone on about 1mm pencil jets over the years but I was an instant convert to fans 

Fans only spray water everywhere if they're allowed to by the operator. They should be kept very close or touching the window at all times, this will prevent this. Two separate phases as normal to ensure thoroughness. Wash /agitate as normal. Rinse on the glass bringing down a full width curtain of water.
I hear what you are saying but when I had them before I found there was a good mist spray but not enough volume of water going down the glass to rinse lumps of dirt down the window if that makes sense . What flow rate on your controllers are you using ??? 

I hear what you are saying but when I had them before I found there was a good mist spray but not enough volume of water going down the glass to rinse lumps of dirt down the window if that makes sense . What flow rate on your controllers are you using ??? 
You’ll prefer the 50 over the 100. I found the 100 struggled to put enough volume on the glass for rinsing.

i use 50’s and usually run my pump flat out, but get adequate flow at 80 or below, but they use less water compared to pencils even at the higher flow rate.

oh, and depending on the brush you might want to trim a few bristles. I needed to on the regular sill brushes, but might be different with the new generation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't the fact that it's more a spray than a jet quickly affect the water temperature, especially in winter? When we tried them we found it very hard to control where the water went above 30'. Sure the fan Police will correct me but can only relay my experience.

Everything is an ongoing learning curve. That’s why you have to try for yourself. @Iron Giant you must be one of the stubborn ones @Davy G is talking about???you didn’t get tempted in 12 years to try them. 
I love new toys in wfp equipment although dare I say it? never tried 100 degree fanjets. Got the old style 50s in one of my brushes. Might have to order them and give them a whirl

A flow rate that makes them fizz as they are near and on the glass. In our case that's anywhere between about 35 and 55 on the calibration depending on the water temperature. We turned ours down during the heatwave, and about 52 on the flow with our Varistream controllers. We get plenty of flow. We rinse across and down on the glass and use the rinse as a bonus agitation.

Wouldn't the fact that it's more a spray than a jet quickly affect the water temperature, especially in winter? When we tried them we found it very hard to control where the water went above 30'. Sure the fan Police will correct me but can only relay my experience.
Nee Naw! Nee Naw! ??

We never have a problem. The jets are no more than a few inches from the windows in use. The water stays plenty warm enough. It's pretty much contained within the area of the brush so retains a fair bit of heat.

Latest Posts

Back