Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flojet pump, fast then slow, driving me nuts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steele

Been having a problem for a few weeks.

My flojet pump (3+ months old) is playing up, the water pressure is set at my Pure Freedom Water controller at 70-80, I like a high pressure, this works nicely for 3-4 minutes then the pressure drops to what would probably be about 40-50 for a minute or two.

I've been trouble shooting for a while but the problem still persists. so far I've done the following.

Re-wired all connections

Checked all fuses (Had to change one)

Swapped batteries

Re-calibrated numerous times.

Shortened hose length from tank to pump (less than a metre now, thought it could be a priming issue)

Any ideas what the issue could be? It doesn't slow me down too much but on a really dirty clean can be very annoying with such a low pressure trying to shift the filth off the glass.

Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers

bit of an update to see if anyone can help. If i leave the engine running the pump then the pump doesn't have this problem.

so it's either the battery, although this is a new leisure battery that is constantly on a split relay charge.

or it's the way that the split relay is wired through the pump controller.

any ideas?

Sounds like it could be the battery just because you have a split relay doesn't mean its getting a sufficent charge unless your doing well over 50 mile a day and only 1/2 a dozen average 4 bed houses .

Sounds like it could be the battery just because you have a split relay doesn't mean its getting a sufficent charge unless your doing well over 50 mile a day and only 1/2 a dozen average 4 bed houses .
i was really hoping having a split relay would stop me having to take the battery out to charge it. think maybe i'll start charging it overnight in the van. see if that helps

I charge mine every night using a cold water system as a single operator my new battery drops to around 12.6 from fully charged in a day and takes a good few hours to be fully charged from mains .

Back