Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Raging

WCF

Help Support WCF:

so if someone owes you can you really sell that debt to debt people?? how do they do it then, do they buy that off you for say 30 quid which is whats owed and then chase the money up with bailiffs?

so if someone owes you can you really sell that debt to debt people?? how do they do it then, do they buy that off you for say 30 quid which is whats owed and then chase the money up with bailiffs?
Sort of, you sell the debt to the agency for the amount of debt minus a small percentage (shop around) and they then take over the debt and chase custie for debt.

lol ill remember this, i clean someones windows 6 weekly and she wont pay me till a week before the next clean so in theory i mass email her and text her and i never hear anything bk. it states 7 days after the clean or i charge them £3 every week missed now. just hope it doesnt resort to debt collection.

lol ill remember this, i clean someones windows 6 weekly and she wont pay me till a week before the next clean so in theory i mass email her and text her and i never hear anything bk. it states 7 days after the clean or i charge them £3 every week missed now. just hope it doesnt resort to debt collection.
I'd send her a letter telling her it will be passed over then give her 7 days.

i give them 7 days to pay me as it is, so if i do it on a weds i want payment before weds after but they abuse it and wait till the end of the month. if people called and explained they cant afford to pay me till pay day id say ok no problem i dont mind. but they hide or ignore me which irritates me and makes me want ww3 lol

I know what you are saying guys. 60 euro is a lot of money to write off, but she is 25 miles from where I live, so it would cost me more to chase it than I would get back in nthe end, so I have cut my losses and walked away.

My satisfaction is seeing her windows get more and more manky as her neighbours' are maintained regularly. She lives on an estate where she knows as well as I do that no one else will touch her windows (or fascia board spot lights).

She will either have to pay me in the end (I am not holding my breath) or start living in the dark.

John

I used to work for a debt collection agency that would basically take almost any debt, all it cost was 25% commission (ie, if the debt was £100, and they got it for you, they took £25) and whatever the fees were if it ended up going to court. I still have the connections if anyone wants.

Bit harsh but business is business.

I know what you are saying guys. 60 euro is a lot of money to write off, but she is 25 miles from where I live, so it would cost me more to chase it than I would get back in nthe end, so I have cut my losses and walked away.
My satisfaction is seeing her windows get more and more manky as her neighbours' are maintained regularly. She lives on an estate where she knows as well as I do that no one else will touch her windows (or fascia board spot lights).

She will either have to pay me in the end (I am not holding my breath) or start living in the dark.

John
Except for your first collection, you should be charging for each one after that.

yeh i never go and collect, i get mobile numbers and home numbers, most ppl contact me over email so its handy, i just fire a few nasty emails. this charging them £3 each week there late has deff put a rocket up there ar*** lol :lol:

maaan!!!! some horror stories here.

i would do exactly what you are doing...........leave them to it and eventually they will pay.

i had one once similar but only a tenner, because i wont go above that. i tried collecting for a few months then wrote it off, its took her 3 years to ask why i stopped cleaning her windows, she paid me the tenner and i might clean her windows again in...........2016!!! lol she can now wait for me hahahaha

Update on my original post went back the same girl came out and said my custy was now in hospital & had been in a car crash .... /emoticons/happy.png

So still not had any cash ...but I passed on my best wishes & wished her a speedy recovery /emoticons/wink.png

go bk tomora and see, i bet she answers the door mate. there are some sick ponies about in this world. pop a letter in the door demanding you want your money. ppl who run up debts and have to quit work from things like cancer etc still get red letters so why should she be any different. maybe im doing business wrong.

No yer dead right. If you broke your leg or arm or whatever & couldn't work for 6 months they'd soon get another cleaner.

i just sent a email to one as i was reading this and she just replied with her son went to hospital this week. yet i saw him up school lol

Loads of kids pick up stuff in the supermarket without there parents knowing, My kids have done it and at the age 4 they wouldn't be able to prosecute because she is under 12 years old. And any copper would see that bringing her to court on shop lifting charges would be a waste of time. Sainsburys wouldn't want the publicity of taking a 4 year old kid to court for shop lifting.

I use to chase customers but I will stop cleaning after the first time they miss payment and post a letter through the door explaining my reasons. Sometimes its just an oversight and they have just forgotten and they pay, as for the others they are left to find another cleaner.

Being aggressive to customers could cause negative views about your service. Would you seriously recommend a business to a friend or family member if you were told that business sends round debt collectors if you miss a payment. Doesn't matter if your the best, this is what people will talk about when mentioning your business.

Not saying you haven't got a right to get paid for what you have done, but there are laws that we have to go by. And sending threatening email and letters is just not good for business. Most people now a days are feeling the crunch and money is tight and probably had every intention to pay. Due to circumstances they can't and when people feel threatened they usually hide. Come to an arrangement and just don't clean their windows till the debt is paid and maybe then skip them every other time while things are tight. As for the ones who do try it on, you're better off walking away

well theres money out there, if theres no money how can comic relief etc manage to raise 70-80million ?? some smuck is donating a fiver here and there and buying red noses etc, thats a luxury in my eyes! RANT OVER lol :lol:

In a country of over 70 million that is only a pound per person and it is for good causes. Lot of people don't even blink when they spend a tenner on the lottery. But it is a free country and people choice what they spend their money on.

I wanted one of the car red noses to put on the top of my pole but couldn't get one.

Latest Posts

Back