Rags And Microfibre Cloths, What To Do After They Have Been Used?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by buzzing, Oct 3, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

Have attached pictures of my rags and microfirbre cloths. My rags are too small, right? The microfibre (green ones) get really dirty as I do detailing I dry the frames slightly and they pick up some dirt. What should I do with them? wash after been used once in a hot wash? or just dry them on the line? Are all these rags and cloths thrown in a hot wash together?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

A lot of the black marks like that on mine are caused by the rubber at the edge of the glass, the seal. Generally it doesn' come out. I ignore it, doesnt affect the towel just stains/dyes it a bit. I chuck mine in the wash once or twice a week but thats about it.

3. deno

deno Active Member

hey Buzzing

Yes your rags are a bit small, but it is personal preference at the end of the day, trouble with the smaller rags is they get soaked too quickly, i personally use a super absorbent drying towel (78cm by 59cm) basicly its a large fluffy microfibre, it absorbs 8 times its weight in water, its fantastic on frames and handy to mop up the odd bit of spillage/run off. i have a carpenters hammer holder on my belt and these towels fit great on there and are easy to get on and off quickly.

Never use your detailing cloths for anything other than detailing the glass, i personally have gone back to heavy duty scrims for normal windows, i throw mine in washing machine once a week with a little powder and a cap of napisan stain remover.

Good luck with your business and it's nice to see that you care if your doing the right thing...

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

With my clothes I just put then on rinse cycle on the washing machine and then tumble dry them after. If they get dirty I just put them on a 40 degree wash.

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

This doesnt work for me, when the start to get wet the tend to leek out black stuff now and again. I put them on a hot wash and it get the majority of it out

6. Andy Leett

Andy Leett Member

I hot wash my 'Blue Cloths' from Lee Burbridge every time.

7. bvwcs

bvwcs Member

When washing scrim or microfibre NEVER NEVER use fabric conditioner.

8. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

Use washing powder though, right? In the hot wash? I only have done two houses, so what's the point washing just the few I used lol

Do you put the microfibe cloths and rags in same wash?

9. Andy Leett

Andy Leett Member

I never use any added powder or soap, there will be enough on the dirty cloths, nor do I mix rags with microfiber.

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

They say not to use washing powder to wash them in, but I have used a little bit at times and all fine.

I wash my microfibre clothes with my applicator sleeve.

Advertisement