Re-Leafleting An Area.

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by mdpeake, Jun 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mdpeake

mdpeake Member

Hi,

I have just finished leafleting an area of approximately 10000 homes I was wandering whether anybody has ever re-leafleted an area and how long after the first drop would you recommend for the next batch to be dropped off and what sort of response was there on the second sweep. Lots of questions I know, thank-you in advance.

:)

Advertisement
  2. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Maybe give it a year or two, with people moving homes, or people changing mind, windows get dirty easly over a year, then yeah its possible to get a few more, but not many.

3. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

When i first started out i banged out 5000 leaflets n got 3 phone calls n 1 of those was close to a year after i posted it lol

4. harunh

harunh Legend

shaun u posted 5,000 leaflets... and u got 3 phone calls out of it ?!?

5. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Yeah mate i had very very bad experience with just dropping leaflets

6. harunh

harunh Legend

:p im planning on dropping 5,000 and i hope i get atleast 20 customers out of it.

7. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Best of luck mate i wouldnt waste my time on leaflets from past experience i bet having ur van sign written up gets you some work mate

8. harunh

harunh Legend

not yet mate, i once got flagged down though thats about it, but it will get me work soon am sure its probably the most eye catchin WC van in my town lol

9. laddergarder

I would wait a year before re-leafleting an area. But personally I would be out knocking doors, and just post the leaflets to people you don't get in. I used to get 1 or 2 customers to every 100 leaflets posted, but the way things are at the moment, even that would be optimistic. I tend to get much better results with door knocking. If I go out for an hour, I get a fairly consistent 1 or 2 customers, then some ***hts you don't get any, then other ***hts you hit a little empty pocket and get a dozen.

Go out for an hour each ***ht for a week, just posting, then the following week knock doors for an hour 6 -7pm, and I bet you get twice as many customers with the knocking.

10. Iain

Iain Guru

If you're going to do a second leaflet drop in the same area, you need to wait at least a year. Hopefully people will have forgotten about the first drop and the second drop won't be annoying.

You'll need to do a follow up of the leaflet drop by knocking on doors a week or so afterwards. This technique has worked well for people on here.

Advertisement