Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ready, Get Set, Go

WCF

Help Support WCF:

clean'n'simple - yeah they just go out to all customers, there is a little bit there on safety, payment methods, late payment policy, stuff like that.
A.K. no I don't have an external, I used to back everything up onto a slave drive in my machine but I haven't backed up in possible a year. Terrible I know, something I should really do, and start a bit of a routine with it. On the plus side, I built both my machines and am pretty handy with pcs, so unless the hard drive is completely unreadable, I will be able to fix it and get my data.

Simple - its great having nifty gadgets etc, but I would advise you to watch the purse strings if things are tight. Keeping it simple to begin with can be the best thing to do at times. Not saying its a bad idea with the tablet, or anything. But you really want to aim to get your bank balance up first, with a bit of reserves before splashing cash into it.
I already have a tablet lying around so may aswell use.

Some good points there that are very useful

Thanks

software has never been bullet proof when it comes to security. The customer list can be sold to a competitor, especially considering the pricing data held on large coms. I studied computer programming for three years, so have a little idea of how insecure some systems can be. I am probably just paranoid, but I don't need the data online anyway so, hey ho. If I want a back up, I can just transfer the data onto my other machine.

Jesus man you're living in the 90s! Storing things online is safe. You use Internet banking? Google Drive is fine for small bits of data but they only let you have a limited amount of storage for free.

So just wondering how does that conform to the Data Protection Act using online storage?

Jesus man you're living in the 90s! Storing things online is safe. You use Internet banking? Google Drive is fine for small bits of data but they only let you have a limited amount of storage for free.

Data Protection Act requires that the information you hold is safe and secure. You could argue that Google Drive is safe enough for personal use but not for business use as a Google account can be linked to other services. If the other service isn't secure, then the Google account could potentially be compromised. Most people's Google accounts are only protected by simple passwords and you could say that this alone means they aren't compliant with the Data Protection Act.

Indeed /emoticons/biggrin.png

So that's one good reason why I don't use online storage for business use as no matter how secure they say they are you have no control over third party systems.

I'm not saying don't use Google Drive cos that would be a shame but just use it for personal things. For business documents or something that requires more security, use something more secure or try using Drive's API.

I'm going to be using a tablet so the customer details will go straight into the system.
Exactly what I do mate, if you go Android then Google offers some great tools for free like;

Calendar - essential

Gmail - great for contact storage and email of course

Documents - I have a spreadsheet with relevant customer info

I'm current using a Nexus 7 which I have to say is absolutely perfect

Indeed /emoticons/biggrin.png

So that's one good reason why I don't use online storage for business use as no matter how secure they say they are you have no control over third party systems.
We are setting up a service to make sure all data is secure, storing your business data online is the sensible and responsible thing to do.

Just one question,

What if the worst was to happen and your house had a fire and your computer and business records where destroyed?

http://roundpartner.co.uk

We're offering a free trial with our Cloud Backup service at the moment. This is a tried and tested service that companies like PC World and Currys have been using for the last 2 years. The company that supply them also supply us so its the same product. It uses SSL so it's as secure as online banking, its automated and easy to install.

Good luck mate hope it all goes well for the new year you are in my manor i grew up and leaved in shepperton for over 30 years there is some nice and lots propertys around there .You should have no problems setting up

Good luck mate hope it all goes well for the new year you are in my manor i grew up and leaved in shepperton for over 30 years there is some nice and lots propertys around there .You should have no problems setting up
Hi mark

Yer i remember you mentioning before.

There are a lot of newish builds in Carlton village I was hopping to grab as well as the pub in Charlton village and the bull pub(used to live right by the bull above the butchers) and also all the shops round there lol

There is a lot of nice and large places round there so should be a good area to canvass

Hi mark

Yer i remember you mentioning before.

There are a lot of newish builds in Carlton village I was hopping to grab as well as the pub in Charlton village and the bull pub(used to live right by the bull above the butchers) and also all the shops round there lol

There is a lot of nice and large places round there so should be a good area to canvass
go for it mate /emoticons/smile.png

Back