Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recommendations for hose reel connector

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Armistead Cleaning

It looks like the hoselock connector on my hose reel needs changing as I'm getting a leak from it. Can anyone recommend a good one that will last and won't leak? I've found this one from Window Cleaning Warehouse:

Thank you.

I think I bought that one when I was using 8mm hose on a reel. Although it said that it fits the microbore hose, I had to heat it (the hose) up carefully with a blowtorch and stretch it using 2 screwdrivers to get it to fit over the connection. This weakened the hose and caused it to become brittle, leading to a number of frustrating in the field bodges. I might be misremembering about the hose size, but it was definitely a Claber fitting like this that I bought.

Sorry to not be much help, and I don't like not offering a solution, but just thought I'd share my experience.

It looks like the hoselock connector on my hose reel needs changing as I'm getting a leak from it. Can anyone recommend a good one that will last and won't leak? I've found this one from Window Cleaning Warehouse:

Thank you.
I’ve just started using that connector that came with the Claber reel. 6mm one though.
Definitely have to drop the hose in boiling water to get it in as Ched said.
Seems ok at the moment

I think I bought that one when I was using 8mm hose on a reel. Although it said that it fits the microbore hose, I had to heat it (the hose) up carefully with a blowtorch and stretch it using 2 screwdrivers to get it to fit over the connection. This weakened the hose and caused it to become brittle, leading to a number of frustrating in the field bodges. I might be misremembering about the hose size, but it was definitely a Claber fitting like this that I bought.

Sorry to not be much help, and I don't like not offering a solution, but just thought I'd share my experience.
Ok, maybe this one is not the correct one then. I don't need to fit my hose over the one I currently have, it fits inside the teeth of the connector.

Putting the end of the hose in boiling water is a better way to help it onto tight fittings.
Yep, I know that, but thanks. It was so far out that the only way to get it fitted was literally to melt and stretch it! :ROFLMAO:

Latest Posts

Back