Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recprotek with rectus 21 help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Evening all I swapped from the exceed connectors to the recprotek and the rectus 21 mostly due to people on here saying how good they where.

Honestly I feel like I've wasted my money. The
Recprotek is fine very basic but good enough but the rectus 21 fittings are not far of getting binned any tips every women I reel in the male part is popping out losing patience big time. The exceed might have had there issues but miles ahead in terms of workability and quality unfortunately.

Evening all I swapped from the exceed connectors to the recprotek and the rectus 21 mostly due to people on here saying how good they where.

Honestly I feel like I've wasted my money. The
Recprotek is fine very basic but good enough but the rectus 21 fittings are not far of getting binned any tips every women I reel in the male part is popping out losing patience big time. The exceed might have had there issues but miles ahead in terms of workability and quality unfortunately.
Hi, I produce the RecProtek's, sorry to hear you're having issues with it. Just so that I understand, the actual rectus 21 coupler is disconnecting when it gets pulled?
I'd be happy to replace it or refund you if it's not working correctly but it would also be very useful to know exactly what is going on with it so that I can make sure it's not a general issue with all of them as I haven't heard this happening before.
Just to make sure, does it have a RT logo on it? Theres another similar product popped up since I started producing them.

Hi, I produce the RecProtek's, sorry to hear you're having issues with it. Just so that I understand, the actual rectus 21 coupler is disconnecting when it gets pulled?
I'd be happy to replace it or refund you if it's not working correctly but it would also be very useful to know exactly what is going on with it so that I can make sure it's not a general issue with all of them as I haven't heard this happening before.
Just to make sure, does it have a RT logo on it? Theres another similar product popped up since I started producing them.
Yes it's one of yours. The outer protective case is fine it's the rectus that's disconnecting everytime I reel in then move to next job it's popped out then I've got to open it up to connect then tighten it all up again.

I do have an electric reel I clean at 50 setting on controller just disconnects qt the slightest of knocks. I'm not after a refund or to knock your product if I can find a way to work with it great if not I will order new exceeds bit gutted as the outer shell is definitely better than the exceed just the connectors

I do have an electric reel I clean at 50 setting on controller just disconnects qt the slightest of knocks. I'm not after a refund or to knock your product if I can find a way to work with it great if not I will order new exceeds bit gutted as the outer shell is definitely better than the exceed just the connectors
If it's not working as intended, then i'm happy I've got the opportunity to try and get this sorted out for you.
I'll pm you about it.

I have two of these in constant use. I never disconnect them, even at the end of my working day.
I also have my controller set at 50.
Great bit of kit.
Wonder if he has a dodgy rectus?
Sounds a bit iffy that ??

Would it be the rectus part that does this I've got 5 so I will change one over and see. G8ngers crossed as I do prefer the recprotek feels good in the hand when carrying back

Yes it's one of yours. The outer protective case is fine it's the rectus that's disconnecting everytime I reel in then move to next job it's popped out then I've got to open it up to connect then tighten it all up again.
You say when reel in but are you allowing the fitting to be dragged across the floor as you are reeling in, if so surely this is the issue more so with an electric reel pulling on the fittings and so on will no doubt cause premature failure and issues

You say when reel in but are you allowing the fitting to be dragged across the floor as you are reeling in, if so surely this is the issue more so with an electric reel pulling on the fittings and so on will no doubt cause premature failure and issues
It should be able to cope with being reeled in, dragged on the floor and given all sorts of abuse without disconnecting.
I'm not actually sure which one you've got @marlowswindows is it the chunky rugby ball shaped on RecProtek Original?

Recprotek original I appreciate you offering to replace but I have spares so its no issue i just want to make sure its not something ive done wrong

Not only is it disconnecting easily but its also popping slightly out and dripping and leaking me lose pressure from the brush. I will try changing the rectus later on and see if that sorts it

Back