Referrals for free cleaning

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by KPFM, Jan 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. KPFM

KPFM Newcomer

Just wandering your thoughts on a strange idea I've been toying with. Namely, if a customer refers a certain number of people (I'm thinking 5) to be custies, they then get their own windows done for free for as long as the other five stay customers.

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

I think if someone managed to get me 5 regular customers then I would probably give them a free clean if it was just a small house. But don't be too over generous IMO as you still have a living to make.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've heard of chaps offering one free clean as a thank you for referring 5 ppl that remain customers after say 3 cleans but not for life so to speak. Surley if it should take of somedays you might end up working for nothing:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. KPFM

KPFM Newcomer

Maybe the odd day but it'll never cause me to work entirely for free. For every free house, I'll have five times that in paid work.

5. DanielT

DanielT Active Member

If you went canvassing, how much unpaid time would you spend to get a new job?

Similar thing, except you get others to canvass for you - win, win!

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I would do a free clean if a custy got me a couple of jobs maybe but not free for ever
    But then again i don't even do my brothers windows for free

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I tried the free clean for a referral. I ended up doing a 30 quid house for free and I got a 15 quid house out of it. The 15 quid house went from 4 weekly to 8 weekly after a few cleans. The woman who lives in the 30 quid house nearly got me another job a few months ago, but I smelt a messer and never took it on so she didn't get another free clean thank ****. I don't offer it anymore for obvious reasons :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. KieMan

KieMan Member

when i first started out not to long ago (3 years) i spent £150 on a 3 month print ad in a local chat magazine, offering first clean for 3 based on them being a regular 6 weekly customer....worst mistake....did aorund 15 first cleans for free and only kept 3 of them now due to them giving me the usual "oh not this time, mybe next time etc" long story short dont do free cleans

9. cheapncheerful

i nearly choked on my mince pie.(number four)...by all means a free clean....but thats it....me i just make a joke about them being my agent... :D

funny thing life...where i was today was a job i picked up from a leaflet drop donkeys ago....and when i went to price it he said someone else had called and said they would do the first clean free but he didnt trust that idea...

10. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

That idea sounds extremely hard to regulate and monitor. With the cost of overheads, I'd be looking for a simple fair price for a job, if I still can't get work, I'll do another job.

Advertisement