Removing customers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by SkulBlaker, May 21, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

hey guys, I'm now in the position that I'm going to be removing the straggly one house per street cleans in an area that I do. Don't have the time or inclination to start a big push for extra customers in this area so now that I have a decent run of closer properties I've decided to let the stragglys go as they are more time consuming to me. How would you go about doing it, do I just walk away without saying (don't really want that reputation) or do I explain that I won't be back which would mean knocking on each door as I don't have any other details for them.

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i have a letter that i post out to any i want rid. "due to changes in my business insurance i can no longer clean your windows, thank you for your custom "

3. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Why not pass them on to another window cleaner in that area?
    The customer still gets their windows cleaned and you do a nice turn to a fellow shiner.your reputation remains good

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

And what's goes round comes round the windy you've just given your work to might just have an odd customer in an area close to your work

5. afo

afo Member

And do not forget on the other side of the coin if another window cleaner knocks on their door and said i will do it cheaper they will soon let you know that your services are no longer required i have had a cheaper quote.

6. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

For a start you should have contact details for all your customers, I would recommend getting them mate. How can you chase payments or sort other issues without them.

I eould have just text them but since you csnt do that it's really up to you. Just walk away or go knock them. I'd probably knock them when next due, do a clean get money then say this will be your last clean. If no one is in just leave a note.

7. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

I don't have their contact details as I know where they stay and these houses are cash only. I'm going to just put a note through each door to let them know.

8. unit

unit Guest

Probably leave a note and may be say your no longer able to provide services after there next clean, if they have been loyal customers then giving some notice, if you can would go a long way for your name.

9. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I've been doing exactly the same. I've been selling off extra work and nuisance houses to another windie (also called Steve just to confuse things). I inform the customers, who up to now have been fine with it.
    I'm only charging twice the amount of the price of the clean instead of the usual 4 or 6 times the value. This way steves getting a bargain and I'm streamlining my business

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

How is buying nuisance houses a bargain? Are you telling him they are a PITA?

Advertisement