Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where’s Scottish Cleaning?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I know he did like to post a lot about what he was doing on threads that where completely unrelated but I do wonder if he was a bit lonely?
I sort of feel a bit sorry for him and wonder if the forum actually helped his mental health.
I thought that too @ched999uk . Some of the posts could be a bit wayward off the subject, but I also wondered if he was probably by himself alot and when he came on here it was like he had someone to talk to. I'm guilty of bouncing from one subject to another sometimes. Only my opinion though.

Won’t that still use the same ip address or what ever it’s called ?..
Most ISP (Internet Service Providers) dynamically allocate IP addresses. So you could probably power off your router for say 30 mins then back on and get a different IP address. Your IP address probably changes once a month or so, I very much doubt banning an IP address would be a good solution to banning a person from the forum. banning an email address is the normal way forums work but if you have a google account you have lots of different email addresses anyway or a banned person could just sign up for another google/yahoo, any other free email account but I would guess most people who received a ban would want to come back anyway, even if they did it wouldn't take long for people to guess the banned person was back!

Just for info:
Your external IP address is the address of your router, your internal devices have an IP address allocated by the router. The router routes traffic from the internet to the appropriate device in your home. Each device connected to your router does have a unique mac address but generally mac addresses are hidden from the internet by the router. It's quite difficult to know much about a device that's connected to the internet through your router - maybe browser type, screen size, operating system and a few other bits and bobs.

I personally don't buy into the fact he's lonely because I definitely think he was winding people up at times
He knew exactly what he was doing and was pulled up countless times on his circus act, when members were openly and privately stating they were staying away from the forum because of another member's behavior that was damaging to the forum and our members.

Yep, alls you need is different email address to sign up with and a vpn to sign up under a different ip address using the same device to evade detection. Alls you can do really is ban the user name.

Yep, alls you need is different email address to sign up with and a vpn to sign up under a different ip address using the same device to evade detection. Alls you can do really is ban the user name.
There was someone banned from here a few years ago and I'm pretty sure he came back quickly enough but he has kept his nose clean and with no evidence, that it is him we can't just ban someone because we suspect them and won't ban someone without careful consideration,

no matter if someone does what you've said how much someone tries to evade us, some will trip themselves up.

Won’t that still use the same ip address or what ever it’s called ?..

You could well be right about the ip address, but I always thought that changing computers and email address with a different name was how to do it.

There was a poster who was banned and came back under a different name and later advertised on here, wasn't there?

You can use a VPN or Smart DNS provider. Not sure how thorough the WCF checks are- would just a new email suffice?
We regularly get previously banned spammers trying to join under different names and their ip address flags up so we know what they were called previously and not to add them
Not sure how it all works though

We regularly get previously banned spammers trying to join under different names and their ip address flags up so we know what they were called previously and not to add them
Not sure how it all works though
Like some of the bass fishing and American Fly Fishing forums they're geolocked so have to use the VPN or DNS Proxy to circumvent. Same with the USA Cricket subscription or if you're travelling and want to watch your iPlayer/Netflix/Disney+ in the hotel room.

Being a mod is a thankless task on these forums decisions have to be made to take the forum forward.
massive thanks @Dave B and @Iron Giant and of course to Gavin for the dedication for all their hard work monitoring and making this forum the success it is.
Along with everyone on here is Im truly grateful on the forum going back to normal chat and helpfulness towards all members.
breathe of fresh air.
Merry Christmas everyone hope 2024 is exactly what all member’s wished for.

Back