Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where’s Scottish Cleaning?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

He is an example of how a sole trader can start and grow a business which must be an inspiration to all new starters.

It's a bit of a pity that he has to be the centre of attention and had no modesty when it comes to bragging about his achievements. He comes across as an elite talking to us peasants.

I often wondered if what he wrote on here was an accurate description of his business or not. Has he actually got a business at all? Maybe he is a self packer at Aldi for all we know. Some people can have a brilliant imagination and be good story tellers. Does he get his fix from winding others up?

He is an example of how a sole trader can start and grow a business which must be an inspiration to all new starters.

It's a bit of a pity that he has to be the centre of attention and had no modesty when it comes to bragging about his achievements. He comes across as an elite talking to us peasants.

I often wondered if what he wrote on here was an accurate description of his business or not. Has he actually got a business at all? Maybe he is a self packer at Aldi for all we know. Some people can have a brilliant imagination and be good story tellers. Does he get his fix from winding others up?
I reckon he was telling the truth tbh. If you was to make stuff up surely you would give yourself more customers😂 It’s the ones that say they are doin a grand a day that I’d be more weary of. Not sayin it’s not possible but deffo an unrealistic target for most in our trade.

I reckon he was telling the truth tbh. If you was to make stuff up surely you would give yourself more customers😂 It’s the ones that say they are doin a grand a day that I’d be more weary of. Not sayin it’s not possible but deffo an unrealistic target for most in our trade.
You make a good point @Cleanco

What he was saying was true take a look at his website , I think he’s just a bit of an unusual character don’t think he means any harm but just come across in the wrong way at times

I think @Master Jedi Alejandro met him a few times as they work in the same area
Yeah I have. He’s nice to speak with in person, though did always have to include a boast of some sort. And I believe he did everything he said he had, as I’d see him doing some random stuff.

The issue was he is a very skilled worker but not a great businessman. Which is fine. But he acted like he was and would give out terrible advice, in my eyes. He had a pension to fall back on, so he didn’t need to turn a profit. He could spend all his income on new equipment/toys. And power to him, he enjoyed doing that! But the issue was giving newbies with mouths to feed terrible advice, and then disagreeing with those who do run successful businesses.

He reminded me of some family I have, in fact. Very skilled at the jobs they do, attention to detail - second to non. But terrible at business, unable to turn a profit and always chasing their tail. Scottish, thankfully for his own sake, didn’t need to. But he couldn’t see, or at least acknowledge, that his situation was a privilege and not the norm.

That is so true some people with false memories and fantasy brain’s it’s amazing how many out there it’s scary.

Back