Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Render

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Has anybody heard of marine grade render?

Block of flats I've got have just had it done. I've been asked to wash it down monthly.

The builder has said it will never go green (don't believe this one bit)

The flats are on the seafront don't know if this effects it.

If it does go green what do you guys recommend

One of my customers had external insulation fitted and then had it rendered with Ewi Pro silicone render to look at it, it looks painted there isn't really near any trees or anything to cause it to go green, but they have a cat who likes to sit on one of the rendered window sills and it's dirty and the muck can't be shifted, a bungalow next to another one of my jobs had a render which they were told won't go green I've not had look but this one will be put to the test.

I don't see what benefit would come from wfping a rendered building, also salt is known to kill algae, look at people's block paved driveways where their cars have been parked so I'd have thought seafront properties should stay clear of green algae.

One of my customers had external insulation fitted and then had it rendered with Ewi Pro silicone render to look at it, it looks painted there isn't really near any trees or anything to cause it to go green, but they have a cat who likes to sit on one of the rendered window sills and it's dirty and the muck can't be shifted, a bungalow next to another one of my jobs had a render which they were told won't go green I've not had look but this one will be put to the test.

I don't see what benefit would come from wfping a rendered building, also salt is known to kill algae, look at people's block paved driveways where their cars have been parked so I'd have thought seafront properties should stay clear of green algae.
As far as I know most algae thrive in salty conditions

As far as I know most algae thrive in salty conditions
It might be that having a quick look online that the algae can change to suit its environment, so it could be that we are both correct you regarding coastal areas and me with my driveway example as on a driveway the salty conditions aren't the permanent environment

Latest Posts

Back