Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reolacement hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gasket

Hi all,
I inherited an Aldi petrol pressure washer last year. Don't laugh.
It does me fine for the one maybe 2 small jobs I do a month.
The hose has split and need to get a replacement. What fittings are these and what hose or retailer would you recommend.
The machine is 10lpm and 250 bar, I think.

20230811_160934.jpg

Worth a look on eBay. Plenty listed there though you might want to photograph yours and send it to them to confirm before buying. It’s unlikely they’ve gone to the expense of using a bespoke fitting on budget equipment.

Generally they buy a cheap job lot of fittings from china and you cannot get them
Not the case. They generally use widely available and cheap standard fittings to avoid unnecessary development costs. It’s mostly spec’d and built in China not simply built from parts supplied from China. Same for most cheap Chinese equipment. Loads of it is interchangeable.

Two minute search shows these ones. Look the same to me. ?

IMG_8584.jpg

Not the case. They generally use widely available and cheap standard fittings to avoid unnecessary development costs. It’s mostly spec’d and built in China not simply built from parts supplied from China. Same for most cheap Chinese equipment. Loads of it is interchangeable.

Two minute search shows these ones. Look the same to me. ?

View attachment 28980
Most stuff is made in China they are renowned for doing small batches for specific machines , a few years ago there was a sprayer like a cordless drill on the market they had a special shaped battery and you could not buy replacement ones , they do also mass produce other bits and bobs but you can never guarantee getting spares , I would rather buy from a reputable company that offer spares back up as don't have the time to be looking for spares and buying direct from china which is what quite often happens with this type of thing .

Most stuff is made in China they are renowned for doing small batches for specific machines , a few years ago there was a sprayer like a cordless drill on the market they had a special shaped battery and you could not buy replacement ones , they do also mass produce other bits and bobs but you can never guarantee getting spares , I would rather buy from a reputable company that offer spares back up as don't have the time to be looking for spares and buying direct from china which is what quite often happens with this type of thing .
Not looking to fall out with you over it but the OP has asked where he can get replacements and I’ve told him so it doesn’t really matter if there’s an alternative scenario where they don’t exist. If he was looking for some sort of weird cordless drill / sprayer hybrid maybe I couldn’t help. ?

Also the ‘buying from China’ bit is something of a misnomer. Plenty of eBay etc sellers do the work for youand hold stock in the UK so you can buy and get it in a couple of days or pay a lot less and wait 3-4 weeks. Same stuff though. To be honest if we avoided buying from China we wouldn’t be buying much of anything.

Not looking to fall out with you over it but the OP has asked where he can get replacements and I’ve told him so it doesn’t really matter if there’s an alternative scenario where they don’t exist. If he was looking for some sort of weird cordless drill / sprayer hybrid maybe I couldn’t help. ?
That’s fair enough and hopefully it will be the right size fitting if it is that’s a cheap fix , I was just saying that stuff like this is us hard to get replacements for and quite often they are unavailable.

Also the ‘buying from China’ bit is something of a misnomer. Plenty of eBay etc sellers do the work for youand hold stock in the UK so you can buy and get it in a couple of days or pay a lot less and wait 3-4 weeks. Same stuff though. To be honest if we avoided buying from China we wouldn’t be buying much of anything.
Looking on eBay there are thousands of things that are advertised and it’s a direct purchase from China , again sometimes it will be fine but if it goes pair shaped there is no come back dealing with china , returning stuff isn’t usually an option and getting your money back will not happen.

Again yes some will hold stocks of certain bits but getting spares for a small run of something sold by Aldi is never very likely to happen

Again yes some will hold stocks of certain bits but getting spares for a small run of something sold by Aldi is never very likely to happen
?. I’m going to leave this now given that they are clearly available. Not saying you can rebuild one from parts but the OP just wanted a hose which he can buy. Not sure why it matters so much to you to keep banging on that it’s not possible.
All the best.

Looking on eBay there are thousands of things that are advertised and it’s a direct purchase from China , again sometimes it will be fine but if it goes pair shaped there is no come back dealing with china , returning stuff isn’t usually an option and getting your money back will not happen.

Damn - just when I said I’d leave it. ?. I presume you’ve never bought direct from China. I have done hundreds of times. 99% of the time it’s flawless. The one percent when it isn’t then they fall over themselves to rectify. Never question that it hasn’t turned up or that something you bought has broken. They just refund you or replace it along with their profuse apologies. Their customer service and honesty is generally faultless. A lot better than many UK sellers. Don’t fall into the ‘UK good China bad’ trap. It’s just ignorant I’m afraid.

I’m definitely done now though if anyone wants to answer my thread about water barriers I’m all ears. Can’t even find them from China. ???

Damn - just when I said I’d leave it. ?. I presume you’ve never bought direct from China. I have done hundreds of times. 99% of the time it’s flawless. The one percent when it isn’t then they fall over themselves to rectify. Never question that it hasn’t turned up or that something you bought has broken. They just refund you or replace it along with their profuse apologies. Their customer service and honesty is generally faultless. A lot better than many UK sellers. Don’t fall into the ‘UK good China bad’ trap. It’s just ignorant I’m afraid.

I’m definitely done now though if anyone wants to answer my thread about water barriers I’m all ears. Can’t even find them from China. ???
Yes I have bought stuff from china and know loads of others that have as well it’s not always a trouble free experience though ????

Latest Posts

Back