Resin Lasting 2Weeks?!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by TobySampson, Dec 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

Because if the small amount of water I'm using people has suggested that I go for a twin di which was working great at first. I was expecting the resin to last a month or two but just checked after using it for two weeks and its at 119ppm! I've probably purified around 1000litres.

Does this sound right or am I doing something wrong?

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

Did you
    A, use 1 DI to start with. When ppm got high add 2nd DI. When ppm went up again change resin in first DI & use that as 2nd DI. When ppm goes up change resin in 1st DI & use that as 2nd DI & so on. Hope this makes sense. Sounds to me like you used 2 DI,s both with fresh resin.

3. gto

gto Active Member

what your input TDS.

4. mark m

mark m Hero

If i remember right you water was 270ppm if you use the calculator below it says you will get 2000lts but you will get more than that as you will go to about 10ppm .If you do what posh says you will be fine if you are not getting anything close to that you must be doing something wrong lets us know i am sure someone can help

https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/links/goto/28-de-ionisation-calculator/

5. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

My water is around 270 and i only use twin di and have been since may and i have not even used a full bag as yet .

Im using 2 11litre vessels and using. Approx 250 / 300 litres a week .

6. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

Could be right or could be wrong.

What volume have you produced and input ppm.
    What grade resin did you use.
    TDS Meter what are you using as a lot of fakes out there.
    DI Vessel could be a problem as well.

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

doesn't leaving the resin stand in the water cause it to rise too?? thats what happens in my ro if i leave it a day or 2, water goes in it at 12ppm then if i leave it sitting it raises to 30-40 depending on how long i leave it!

8. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

That will be your membrane not the resin

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

dont know that, as i flush them back down to 12ppm before the resin, i never flush with the resin

10. chip

chip Guru

Yeah, the water sits in the membs when you turn off and isn't pushed through as efficiently so takes a minute or so to clear that out and get back to normal. I don't know if it makes the blindest bit of difference, but I flush for 30-60 seconds before turning off and after turning on??? It also seems to raise the tds higher the longer it's not been used, again, could be imagination!

Advertisement