Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Truckcab79

Did probably my biggest job to date so far. Big sandstone patio and block paved driveway.

Machine is the 15lpm Jetmac Loncin.

Performed brilliantly. Little tacho thing I have fitted said I’d done about 3.5 hours and that was pretty much continuous.

Later in the job it cut out a couple of times. Both times when I released the trigger on FSC Restarted and ran again fine each time. It was as if it stalled under the pressure of suddenly stopping water flowing.

Am I running it too hard? Should I let it cool every hour or so. Today the only ‘rest’ it got was refuelling for say a minute each time.

IMG_1708.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1699.jpeg
    IMG_1699.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Did probably my biggest job to date so far. Big sandstone patio and block paved driveway.

Machine is the 15lpm Jetmac Loncin.

Performed brilliantly. Little tacho thing I have fitted said I’d done about 3.5 hours and that was pretty much continuous.

Later in the job it cut out a couple of times. Both times when I released the trigger on FSC Restarted and ran again fine each time. It was as if it stalled under the pressure of suddenly stopping water flowing.

Am I running it too hard? Should I let it cool every hour or so. Today the only ‘rest’ it got was refuelling for say a minute each time.

View attachment 30231
You shouldn't expect any running issues unless your fuel is old or dirty, dirty plug or poor air filter quality.

Good on you for fitting a tacho though. I have them on everything as I'm a sado for strict maintenance schedules

You shouldn't expect any running issues unless your fuel is old or dirty, dirty plug or poor air filter quality.

Good on you for fitting a tacho though. I have them on everything as I'm a sado for strict maintenance schedules
Probably you that told me to. 😂. Very handy.
Think the machine is fine. Can replace the plug just for the hell of it. Fuel is fresh. Oils all new. Just serviced it. (Except didn’t see any need to replace plug). Total running time only 24 hours to date.

Little update on this. I had two jobs for neighbours yesterdays. One driveway, two large patios, one smaller patio, one path, two side returns.

Couple of times the FSC faltered and I found a tiny bit grit in a jet. Removed, cleaned and all good.

Toward the end of the job the machine wanted to die if I wasn’t running it hard, so basically any time I released the trigger. Happened on the FSC and X-Jet so not specific to the piece of kit I was using. Fine while running hard.

Now that I actually know the inlet has a filter mesh in it I took it out. Lots of grit in it. Cleaned it out.

Is that likely cause? Appreciate the answer is ‘if it stops doing it then yes’ but would like the feedback of the more experienced on here.

I’ll make a filter clean part of my maintenance after every job from now on. I’ll also stop putting my lance in the buffer tank when I’m using the FSC as that’s likely where the grit came from. Also give the buffer a good clean before every job as I use it to store my hoses in.

Many thanks.

Little update on this. I had two jobs for neighbours yesterdays. One driveway, two large patios, one smaller patio, one path, two side returns.

Couple of times the FSC faltered and I found a tiny bit grit in a jet. Removed, cleaned and all good.

Toward the end of the job the machine wanted to die if I wasn’t running it hard, so basically any time I released the trigger. Happened on the FSC and X-Jet so not specific to the piece of kit I was using. Fine while running hard.

Now that I actually know the inlet has a filter mesh in it I took it out. Lots of grit in it. Cleaned it out.

Is that likely cause? Appreciate the answer is ‘if it stops doing it then yes’ but would like the feedback of the more experienced on here.

I’ll make a filter clean part of my maintenance after every job from now on. I’ll also stop putting my lance in the buffer tank when I’m using the FSC as that’s likely where the grit came from. Also give the buffer a good clean before every job as I use it to store my hoses in.

Many thanks.. Also regularly pumping new grease into the the FSC spindle is important to reduce bearing wear with blow back from abrasive grit.
I'd double check your main pick up filter isn't damaged or loose which could be letting in larger particulates into the pump pre filter.

Always a good wash down off all equipment to prevent dirt ingress along with repacking the FSC grease around the bearing to eliminate wear from abrasives like grit being blown back into it

Many thanks.

Sounds more like dirt in one of the jets in the carburettor probably the idle jet , take the bowl off the bottom of the carb and check for dirt

I'd double check your main pick up filter isn't damaged or loose which could be letting in larger particulates into the pump pre filter.

Always a good wash down off all equipment to prevent dirt ingress along with repacking the FSC grease around the bearing to eliminate wear from abrasives like grit being blown back into it

Cheers. I over-do my post-job equipment care if anything. Whole machine is wiped down and cleaned. WD40 type spray oil on all the linkages. Every connector is sprayed and silicone greased. FSC gets new grease pumped in. Need to pay more attention to the inside of the buffer tank before I start though as I store loads of gear in it.

Latest Posts

Back