Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reverse osmosis question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DarrenD

DJD Window Cleaning
I just ordered an ionic Quattro. On the system there is a by pass switch that controls the flow around the r/o membrane. So I was wondering when you turn that switch off does it completely stop the water running through the r/o which means it’s just hitting the Di which ultimately means the Di will get eaten up quicker. Or does it always flow through the r/o and the switch just controls the amount of water that goes through the r/o? Also does more water through the r/o make the membrane wear out quicker? So does using a pump decrease the life of the r/o?

Hope that all makes sense thanks for any help

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I just ordered an ionic Quattro. On the system there is a by pass switch that controls the flow around the r/o membrane. So I was wondering when you turn that switch off does it completely stop the water running through the r/o which means it’s just hitting the Di which ultimately means the Di will get eaten up quicker. Or does it always flow through the r/o and the switch just controls the amount of water that goes through the r/o? Also does more water through the r/o make the membrane wear out quicker? So does using a pump decrease the life of the r/o?

Hope that all makes sense thanks for any help

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Probably best to wait for Ionics to explain the system to you.

It looks like a portable r/o system to me with a 230v booster pump.

I honestly can't think of one commercial customer, either past or present, that has a supply of water and electricity conveniently on site that I would have been able to use a system like this.

I downloaded an Ionics catalogue a few months back but found the spec detail for a tank I was looking at was very limited.

It looks from the video clip that the water only starts to run when the switch is switched on. But that may not be the case. If it isn't the case then fitting a 230v normally off solenoid valve also connected to the switch would be an easy addition to make.

Latest Posts

Back