Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reverse osmosis se up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WombatPool

I’m about to set up a brand new Streamline 300 GPD reverse osmosis with small DI vessel into my garage, well I say about to I actually tried yesterday but one of the connecting elbows had a crack so you can imagine water was leaking everywhere. I made a quick call to the supplier (cleaning warehouse) and they have sent a new piece which should arrive today or tomorrow..
It says in the information leaflet that came with the unit the TDS will improve over 24-48 hours.. So I’m guessing I just connect up and turn on the mains tap and leave the RO running until it starts producing pure water - and run all of the water it’s producing in the 24-48 hour period to waste? Does that sounds right? I’m guessing I have probably answered my own question but thought I’d still ask… thanks guys… Dan

Right first off I hope you don’t mind all these newbie questions but I tested my water again this morning after switching off the system all night, and after the initial surge of higher ppm it’s now sat after DI at 2ppm. It’s obviously starting to rise but I read lots of comments saying some still clean with a ppm reading of up to 10. I know 5ppm seems to be the average that most will push it. So I’m guessing I should just crack on filling the rest of my tank as I’m only reading 2ppm.
Would you in my case order a larger DI vessel ?? Say 11 litre. I know I’ll obviously use the same amount of resin over all but a bigger vessel would decrease the amount of changes and keep 0ppm readings for longer. Plus the disposable 1 litre cartridges I’m using now would probably cost more if I need to change them every 1000 litres or so… I’ve noticed the 11 litre DI vessels are fitted with hose lock attachments for pipe - the pipe from my RO is 1/4” so if I have to buy new fittings to connect my small pipe to larger ‘hose’ size pipe…will I lose pressure or will the new larger DI still work ok even though it’s being fed water from a smaller 1/4” pipe. (Before the fittings)
Thanks all maybe one day I’ll be able to help others on here
Thanks again
Dan
Personally I have a 6.5 litre di vessel which I find is manageable for me when changing resin. I would hate to change the resin on an 11 litre DI vessel.

I'm not the only one though.

Ask your DI supplier to include a 1/4" pushfit to either 1/2" or 3/4" male adaptor to suit the DI vessel's ports they are supplying. I would just use 1/2" hose to your IBC tank with Hozelock hose fitting to suit.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back