Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Review on Invoice? Your thoughts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Splasher

Hi all.

Toying with the idea of the option of customers being able to leave reviews for each clean from the invoice of each job. Reason I've thought it could be on the invoice is if the company sends invoices to customers for each job anyway then there's no cost involved to internally collect reviews (a bit of quality control). This is to be an optional feature only if people want to use it).

The reviews will then allocate to each customer and over time continue to adjust the customers overall rating of your service, this would be viewable on the customer list as in the image.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this feature are most welcome. I've attached images of how I expect it to look if this was built into the system and a link to a mock invoice with the feature on.

reviewoncustomerlist.jpg

Keep it simple.
The most important aspect of raising an invoice is getting paid.
Anything that detracts from that or adds another layer of effort in completing the task of paying the invoice is detrimental and annoying to the customer.

Keep it simple.
The most important aspect of raising an invoice is getting paid.
Anything that detracts from that or adds another layer of effort in completing the task of paying the invoice is detrimental and annoying to the customer.
Thank you for your feedback. I take your point on board. Do you have any ideas/suggestions on where better placed this could be?

Its not meant as a review in the traditional sense.

For that you could simply add your google review link to your profile and a button for 'leave a review' could be on there instead.

Rather than being a review tool in an external sense, google, facebook etc its use would be as an internal monitoring system (as quality control), monitoring customers happiness with the service, the quality of their cleans, and also which member of staff done the job that the internal review came from (staff monitoring)

Good suggestion on the google reviews, you've given me something to think about

Good suggestion on the google reviews, you've given me something to think about
One thing I would like is to be able to specify which customers get a link to provide a google review on their invoice. There are some customers that I might not want to ask for a review - like under priced jobs i.e. I wouldn't want them to post a review with their price.
Maybe even a global 'switch off' requesting google review on invoice for use after a price rise?

Ok so my taking from this would be the benefit of an external review system would be the better option. I will integrate this style of review feature and make it an optional on/off in the global settings for people that may want to use it.

Thank you for all your feedback so far. Its a great help

It's a known fact that positive reviews have a direct impact on ranking in Google's local pack but to be of any use they also need to contain "positive sentiment", i.e. an actual written comment. Getting 5 stars without a comment are basically ineffectual.
Over time it could be worth diversifying the review sites to include the few that Google take notice of, e.g. Bing/Yell/ Yelp and a few others.
Multiple reviews on these sites also boost rankings but generally speaking Google ignores most review sites as they are too easy to manipulate and it doesn't 'trust' them as genuine. FYI anyway

It's a known fact that positive reviews have a direct impact on ranking in Google's local pack but to be of any use they also need to contain "positive sentiment", i.e. an actual written comment. Getting 5 stars without a comment are basically ineffectual.
Over time it could be worth diversifying the review sites to include the few that Google take notice of, e.g. Bing/Yell/ Yelp and a few others.
Multiple reviews on these sites also boost rankings but generally speaking Google ignores most review sites as they are too easy to manipulate and it doesn't 'trust' them as genuine. FYI anyway
I understand the correlation between google reviews and local SEO and its importance.

Initially I was asking people's thoughts on an internal type review/monitoring system, what was initially shown on here was just to show the basic concept of what the idea was, but the not the whole idea, there was a comment section to go into the initial idea once the rating had been clicked and over time this would have pooled into their customer record and as an overall on the customer list section.

I'd thought about an actual review link (as a button) too.

From the feedback on here I've removed the internal type review feature and instead building a leave us a review button, the review can be to any profile you wish such as google etc and the link is entered in the my account section. Its a global setting, either on or off, with the option of showing the 'leave us a review button' either before, or after payment.

Am I along the right lines on this?

I understand the correlation between google reviews and local SEO and its importance.

Initially I was asking people's thoughts on an internal type review/monitoring system, what was initially shown on here was just to show the basic concept of what the idea was, but the not the whole idea, there was a comment section to go into the initial idea once the rating had been clicked and over time this would have pooled into their customer record and as an overall on the customer list section.

I'd thought about an actual review link (as a button) too.

From the feedback on here I've removed the internal type review feature and instead building a leave us a review button, the review can be to any profile you wish such as google etc and the link is entered in the my account section. Its a global setting, either on or off, with the option of showing the 'leave us a review button' either before, or after payment.

Am I along the right lines on this?
All sounds very impressive but I still think the best way to find out what people think is by talking to them.
How can you add a leave a review link unless to a specific profile? Where is it linking to? And I realise 1 argument is all good reviews are a good thing, but surely it's better to try and direct them where they have the most benefit and will be seen by the most potential customers

I completely agree the best way is by speaking with customers, that will always be number 1.

The review link can be whatever you want it to be, it can also be changed to be any other link to any other review page or turned off completely so it never shows.

The review page url is set in the settings page and that inserts into the button 'leave us a review'. If at any point you want to change the link to be say facebook review rather than google review, then you simply change the link to that URL.

I've attached images to show how I mean:

1.jpg

Review link gets saved in your settings.

2.jpg

That then becomes the URL of the button on the invoice and takes the customer to your google review or whatever review page it is that you wanted

Just a thought but could the words on the button be user configurable? That way people could tweak the text to their linking, maybe even allow the text to be personalised with a 'token' like the name field?

Latest Posts

Back