Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Risks of asbestos guttering?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

yes that was it, could see docklands light railway from up the top. funny how a lot of those areas become really pricey. Couldnt hack those areas myself nowdays, Aunty val did the best move, out of bethnal green to high beach epping forest decades ago. What a contrast.

I wouldn't live there now if you paid me

I'm from west london by portabello road market and just as bad up that way which is why I moved away

I go to high beach sometimes in summer

Can't remember the name but we go to the pub with the big swimming pool in the garden

Only half hour away

Last edited by a moderator:
I do a fair few of them. There is an estate by me where most of the residents have not changed them. After you have done the job suck up a bucket of water to dampen down what's inside the vac and bag it, stops it going airbourne. You could give the gutter itself a spray with water to dampen down the dust in it prior to starting the job.

I don't have a waste clearance license so gutter debris I put in customer bin. I let them know there is asbestos potentially in it. Without it actually being tested by a lab then who knows for certain if has asbestos in it.

Customer can take it their local skip and drop it off there.
If it is asbestos guttering there must be asbestos in the making of the guttering you must tell the customer there is asbestos present and you or the customer should inform the council how to bag it and where to get rid of it safely I would hope they would advise you what to do and where to go thanks

Six years on from this post luckily I haven't had to deal with one asbestos gutter during this time. They're not that common by me. Vast majority are plastic a few cast iron.

Back