Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO/DI build cont.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jeremy Farmer

Hi Spruce,Ched, Pjj

Getting there...
IMG20221218145403.jpg
IMG20221222102011_BURST003.jpg
Next, found an Aquatech 100psi pump, lowish flow rate but fill times not a problem for me.

Question about membranes. Are the Chinese versions (Hydronix, Voltron etc etc) really not worth it? What are their limitations? Can they be made to work ie correct flow and pressure?
Problem is, its all thats available to me.
Ok, I could import but costs are 3 or 4 times as much, might as change DI resin more often.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Jeremy

Ps. Welding not my forte, dont look too close pls

Looks good, welding looks fine from here :)
I'm no membrane expert but I would give the budget ones a go at that much difference in price.

I can't remember how you are going to operate - US style and make pure as you clean on site or UK style where you bring pure water in a vehicle.

As for the Aquatech pump is that to feed to your brush or as a booster to push water through the RO? Not sure it's up to RO duties.

Looks good, welding looks fine from here :)
I'm no membrane expert but I would give the budget ones a go at that much difference in price.

I can't remember how you are going to operate - US style and make pure as you clean on site or UK style where you bring pure water in a vehicle.

As for the Aquatech pump is that to feed to your brush or as a booster to push water through the RO? Not sure it's up to RO duties.
Hi Ched,

I am going take the water to the sites, for various reasons.
As for the pump, I am going to try it with the RO. I know it wont be fast but just want to get things going to begin with ie 0tds. Then I will ditch the current 'chinese' trolley pump and use it there and replace it with a rotory vane jobby, I hope.
I will try a Hydronix ULP membrane (100psi) then and see how it goes.
Cheers

Hi Spruce,Ched, Pjj

Getting there...
View attachment 27777
View attachment 27780
Next, found an Aquatech 100psi pump, lowish flow rate but fill times not a problem for me.

Question about membranes. Are the Chinese versions (Hydronix, Voltron etc etc) really not worth it? What are their limitations? Can they be made to work ie correct flow and pressure?
Problem is, its all thats available to me.
Ok, I could import but costs are 3 or 4 times as much, might as change DI resin more often.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Jeremy

Ps. Welding not my forte, dont look too close pls
Well done looking good , sometimes you have to work with what you have and can get rather than what you want , I would give it a go and see how it works out , just keep an eye on your TDS output

Back