Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof cleaning set up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BAC 50 was one that keeps coming up in my searches, a lot of roofing contractors swear by it. To be honest though there are so many it's unreal mate, just search roof cleaning biocide.

Cheers bud I’ll have a look

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

£260 for a 2 day course for pa1 and pa6, well worth it.

Do you need to do refreshers? or does it last forever?
You have the ticket forever but obviously legislation does change over the years and sometimes worth going on refresher courses,

Not sure how Brexit will effect the qualification (if we leave) as there's lots of european wide legislation...

Last edited by a moderator:
You have the ticket forever but obviously legislation does change over the years and sometimes worth going on refresher courses,

Not sure how Brexit will effect the qualification (if we leave) as there's lots of european wide legislation...
Had to explain to the kids we ain't going to Disneyland as promised because we don't know if we will need visa's or anything daft if we go no deal.... Anyway thats another conversation.

I don't plan to start roof cleaning until the summer so plenty of time to sort this out. Hope it doesn't stretch as far as the use of Viro-sol and degreaser mind!

Had to explain to the kids we ain't going to Disneyland as promised because we don't know if we will need visa's or anything daft if we go no deal.... Anyway thats another conversation.

I don't plan to start roof cleaning until the summer so plenty of time to sort this out. Hope it doesn't stretch as far as the use of Viro-sol and degreaser mind!
i wouldn't worry about the visa thing,itl be like usa canada wavier for an admin fee lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i wouldn't worry about the visa thing,itl be like usa canada wavier for an admin fee lol

Between that and the riots going on at the moment it just seemed worth waiting another year. To be fair the littlest one will understand more by then anyway. I honestly think if we crash out no deal they will make a real example of us though, certainly for the first few months. We were looking at the easter holidays time so it would have been days after any potential Brexit.

Really, you read to much into project fear. 

Im not sure there will be many families planing european holidays for the end of March.

There has been a massive lack of planning gone into a no deal Brexit scenario and its potential consequences.

The problem is that the s*it show of a tory government are going to take it to the final week before the deadline before we know whats going to happen.

Hardly inspires confidence to go booking a holiday to disneyland

If anyone is interested in what it involves...

I did my PA1 and PA6 earlier this year..

Basically PA1 is 1 day in the classroom and a multiple choice test

PA6 is a 1 day practical and theory in use of a knapsack and about a 2-3 hour practical test

Costs about £400 for both depending on where you do it

How long does it last .? Do you need to re do it every so many years ??

Really, you read to much into project fear. 
Dude the morons in the houses of parliament spent the best part of a day discussing Jeremy Corbyn saying ''Stupid woman'' today.... They are determined that if they actually let us go through with Brexit we will be driven off a cliff edge and the whole country will be in disarray. If, and I think its a big if, but if we go through with Brexit we will be made to suffer so we come crawling back as soon as possible. They are all too bloody stupid to deal with the actual problem at hand and all too busy playing games!

Disneyland will be there for a long time to come, I don't fancy missing the first day there because the French exaggerate border checks and keep us waiting for hours on end, especially not with a baby in tow.

If you do this roof cleaning of the ground what size pole you planning on using?
I'm planning on doing it from a ladder at gutter height. I appreciate the biocide does the job of eating the moss algae and lichen but the initial scraping seems a little too intricate to do from ground level.... These are all assumptions, I have not cleaned a roof yet!

I'm planning on doing it from a ladder at gutter height. I appreciate the biocide does the job of eating the moss algae and lichen but the initial scraping seems a little too intricate to do from ground level.... These are all assumptions, I have not cleaned a roof yet!

You will find doing it off a ladder hard work try hiring a scaffold tower and be above what you are working on it’s so much easier especially if you are going to be scraping it 

You will find doing it off a ladder hard work try hiring a scaffold tower and be above what you are working on it’s so much easier especially if you are going to be scraping it 
I know what you're saying, I've seen a chap using a conny roof ladder and he flys through them at twice the speed I can. I would probably start with a stand off working from gutter height but if I start to get a lot of bookings for it then an ally tower will pay for itself in a job or two. Either way this isn't something I can go into while working alone, need to look at this when i'm ready to step up to two man I think

Dude the morons in the houses of parliament spent the best part of a day discussing Jeremy Corbyn saying ''Stupid woman'' today.... They are determined that if they actually let us go through with Brexit we will be driven off a cliff edge and the whole country will be in disarray. If, and I think its a big if, but if we go through with Brexit we will be made to suffer so we come crawling back as soon as possible. They are all too bloody stupid to deal with the actual problem at hand and all too busy playing games!

Disneyland will be there for a long time to come, I don't fancy missing the first day there because the French exaggerate border checks and keep us waiting for hours on end, especially not with a baby in tow.
I almost despair with this, if Labour had actually supported what their core voters voted for we would've gone to the EU with a unified front. We are the German car industries biggest and most profitable market. The Spanish and French fishing fleet rely on our waters. We are the second biggest contributers to the EU budget. The GBP has fallen more than the 20% duty that would apply under WTO rules. Europe exports billions more to us than we do to them. But because we might not be able to go on holiday, and we're Spains biggest customers, we have to change what we want to do. Good job the vast majority of business owners / sole traders on here don't kowtow to their customers as much as the UK Politicians have done to the EU. 

If anyone wants to argue then I'm not going to reply, all I will say is the following. Answer the following 3 facts. We joined the ERM under the guarantee that every other European Country in it would support us if the currency was put under pressure, read up about Black Wednesday. We were told if we didn't join the Euro all the multi nationals and foreign owned car industry would move to main land Europe. If we voted for Brexit within 3 months we would be in a worse recession then the financial crisis. 

I know what you're saying, I've seen a chap using a conny roof ladder and he flys through them at twice the speed I can. I would probably start with a stand off working from gutter height but if I start to get a lot of bookings for it then an ally tower will pay for itself in a job or two. Either way this isn't something I can go into while working alone, need to look at this when i'm ready to step up to two man I think

We use a local local hire company they deliver to site and prices ar3 very good if you haggle a bit I price the job and tell the customer it will be xxxx to clean the roof + hire costs of xxxx they can then see that you are taking safety seriously and that the extra costs are justified 

Spina Clean sell the Skyscraper with a 32 foot pole, but no vids on you tube with them using it.. Cant see it being any good using it like that..

I almost despair with this, if Labour had actually supported what their core voters voted for we would've gone to the EU with a unified front. We are the German car industries biggest and most profitable market. The Spanish and French fishing fleet rely on our waters. We are the second biggest contributers to the EU budget. The GBP has fallen more than the 20% duty that would apply under WTO rules. Europe exports billions more to us than we do to them. But because we might not be able to go on holiday, and we're Spains biggest customers, we have to change what we want to do. Good job the vast majority of business owners / sole traders on here don't kowtow to their customers as much as the UK Politicians have done to the EU. 

If anyone wants to argue then I'm not going to reply, all I will say is the following. Answer the following 3 facts. We joined the ERM under the guarantee that every other European Country in it would support us if the currency was put under pressure, read up about Black Wednesday. We were told if we didn't join the Euro all the multi nationals and foreign owned car industry would move to main land Europe. If we voted for Brexit within 3 months we would be in a worse recession then the financial crisis. 
They haven't shown a united front though mate, they're a bunch of immature children bickering over someone calling someone else stupid all day instead of getting on with the task at hand. All you ever hear is arguing, I literally can't recall either of the two major parties standing up at the lectern and saying ''Thats a fantastic idea, lets sit down and work that out'' Instead they just slate each other for hours each day, must be draining!

Spina Clean sell the Skyscraper with a 32 foot pole, but no vids on you tube with them using it.. Cant see it being any good using it like that..
I think the Sky Scraper is the same as the Marshall one (Someone else said further up) By the look if it they would fit nicely onto a WFP. Just need a pole sturdy enough for scraping at a distance. I guess the biggest challenge would be above conservatory roof's. The pole they are selling with it is extortionately priced!

They were the first ones I looked for mate. They seem a lot cheaper but their website doesn't load which put me off. I know you can get soft washing adapters from Gardiners which might be handy to apply the chems. I was always gonna steer clear of roof cleaning as I believed you needed to actually get on the roof to get a good finish but evidently not!
I can vouch for pete marshall. I have his full set and they pay for themselves in 1 job. There are other people supplying however I visited pete in his workshop and saw the manufacturing process first hand

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back