Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

need help putting prises up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

noddy

as anybody got a nice letter they have used to give there custmers when putting there prices up ? that they could send me please ? I can get your logo removed and details and add my own

Just tell them it has been (x amount of years) since your prices have gone up and they need to go up now to keep you in line with the higher cost of living and the need to be competitive

Any reasonable customer would understand

dont write . just do it. nobody else ever writes such as newspaper, McD , they just up the price end of. iv been jacking up my prices recently some by a fiver nobodys said a peep.

How do you let them know how much to pay then Jonny?

Most of mine pay online so are used to paying exactly the same as last month

However i do have the odd really nice customer like this who appreciates my work and she asks every time

"Hi, just paid £15 on PayPal, please let me know if price has changed. Many thanks Caren"

thing is 95% of ours we never see like today

one of ours as moved so I met her today for a priceing this is the first time ive ever seen her and we have been cleaning her windows 5 years ! 40% we have never seen in years ! so I thought a nice letter would be better then just a card with a higher price on

How do you let them know how much to pay then Jonny?
Most of mine pay online so are used to paying exactly the same as last month
on my slips next to where the price is i put a small bright green sticker/arrow NEW PRICE>

these i buy in my local stationers shop a few quid per hundred stickers View attachment 8214

I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of a 20p price increase. Just put mine up £1 a house from last October but that has been my first increase since I started in 2004. Earning enough to pay for my life so I don't feel the need to keep going higher year on year.

I have a draft from mine last year somewhere. I'll find the letter when I get home.

I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of a 20p price increase. Just put mine up £1 a house from last October but that has been my first increase since I started in 2004. Earning enough to pay for my life so I don't feel the need to keep going higher year on year.
I have a draft from mine last year somewhere. I'll find the letter when I get home.
12 years and 1£ up.

Taking the price up every year a bit makes it smooth and hardly no one will say a word.

4 year and 1£ up for every 10£.

11->11.30->11.65->12

12->12.35->12.70->13.10

13.10->13.50->13.90

So that would be 39% more on you total in 12 years.

If clients pay with card or via bank does not matter, on cash payments yes that makes difficult. I don't take customers that pay cash.

If you use a software to run your show just add info on invoices that start of every year your prices will add inflation 2%

If you try to say you been cleaning the same customer for 12 years and now you want the price up 39% most likely you'll lose that customer.

Anything less you end up losing too.

If you do not rise your prices annually you'll actually give discount. But the way no one even notice it. And if you do not know that you got discount you do not feel any gratitude.

But what is more sad you end up selling cheaper that others on your area.

And as common it is bad for the business in general

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

12 years and 1£ up.
Taking the price up every year a bit makes it smooth and hardly no one will say a word.

4 year and 1£ up for every 10£.

11->11.30->11.65->12

12->12.35->12.70->13.10

13.10->13.50->13.90

So that would be 39% more on you total in 12 years.

If clients pay with card or via bank does not matter, on cash payments yes that makes difficult. I don't take customers that pay cash.

If you use a software to run your show just add info on invoices that start of every year your prices will add inflation 2%

If you try to say you been cleaning the same customer for 12 years and now you want the price up 39% most likely you'll lose that customer.

Anything less you end up losing too.

If you do not rise your prices annually you'll actually give discount. But the way no one even notice it. And if you do not know that you got discount you do not feel any gratitude.

But what is more sad you end up selling cheaper that others on your area.

And as common it is bad for the business in general

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
To contradict you here my prices are about on par with others in my area even still. I must've been expensive 12 years ago

Latest Posts

Back