Rubber brass ends

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Purus, Dec 1, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Purus

Purus Guest

Hi, does anyone use the brass ends for the rubbers to hold them in place. I have not before but tried them to try holding the rubber in place a little better, but it seems to make it more difficult, and a real struggle to get them on and off!

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

I dog ear my channels and cut the rubber so it over hangs the end by about a cm

3. Purus

Purus Guest

How do you mean dog ear? How do you do that?

4. laddergarder

You bend the end of the channel to clamp the rubber in place. We don't use anything, I used to use the plastic ones you can get from unger, and have tried the brass ones before, but we use the generic unger squeegee, which two fangs that grip the rubber in the middle, so not really any need for dog ending or end clips.

5. I always used pulex aluminium, extremely light, good value for money and they are clamped in the middle so need for ends or dog earing. I've never been a fann of the brass squeegees way to heavy i find they give me a sore wrist

Advertisement