Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie alert???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Danwhitbread

Hi everyone I've been secretly reading threads on here for a while and have pick up some great tips.. So firstly thanks?

Secondly as mentioned above I am a newbie but have jumped in the deep end and wanted to know the best ways you have found to get customers at the beginning.. I'm in the process of doing a big leaflet drop but I know the response rate will be low so not expecting great things.. Doing the whole friends and family thing at the moment so this will continue and hopefully snowball.. The obvious social media is currently being worked on but has anyone had any good experiences with trusted people or any similar platforms?
I offer pressure washing, gutter clearance with the skyvac and windows and solar panels with the unger hydro

Thanks in advance?

Get knocking on doors. You get to pick the house, and the area.
Expect to pick up on average 1house per hour.
Expect a long hard slog, especially in the current economic climate.

Door knocking 100%
Give them a leaflet or card face to face this has always worked best for me and I was always prepared to be able to clean there and then
So best not do it 30mins before going to football etc?
Good luck bud and get rattling them doors

Personally I have done both door knocking at leaflet drop.
I picked up 1 out of 200 leaflets and got 2 angry calls for older windows cleaners lol.
Door knocking got more respons but half of them I ended up dropping because of issues getting paid.

the most work I have ever picked up is by been smart about what time I clean the windows I have. For example Working late when people are home from work or on a Satuday when people are at home. I also spend extra time than is needed when cleaning windows where I want to pick up work, and make sure to do a perfect job. Talk to neighbors if I see them and generally been friendly.

It took me about 6 months but I went from 1 on a road to 7. Multiply this by the different areas and I picked up about £500 a month of good work in a year.

If you combine that with door knocking you have a good chance of picking up a decent amount of work.

Matt

Hi everyone I've been secretly reading threads on here for a while and have pick up some great tips.. So firstly thanks?

Secondly as mentioned above I am a newbie but have jumped in the deep end and wanted to know the best ways you have found to get customers at the beginning.. I'm in the process of doing a big leaflet drop but I know the response rate will be low so not expecting great things.. Doing the whole friends and family thing at the moment so this will continue and hopefully snowball.. The obvious social media is currently being worked on but has anyone had any good experiences with trusted people or any similar platforms?
I offer pressure washing, gutter clearance with the skyvac and windows and solar panels with the unger hydro

Thanks in advance?
I agree leaflet drops are nowhere near as good as knocking doors, also make a list of those where nobody was home I’m restarting after 19 years of doing other work that Brexit successfully killed off, and I’m canvassing ever chance I get, (I cleaned for 20 years before,) you’ll hear “ I haven’t seen my windows cleaner for a long time, then give them a leaflet. look at the windows when you approach the house.
Be confident friendly.
Say Hi my name is …….. I’m a window cleaner and I clean windows in this area once a month and I can give you a quote if you’d like? As you say that be nodding yes.
Don’t be in a rush to go, people take time to process and often the boss of the house will come out and take over. I know this from 40 years of knocking doors in a different sphere.
When you clean a house go back to the not at homes and say hi I clean the windows locally (as above) say which house you’ve done, people don’t like to say no when the neighbours are being done.
I’ve been canvassing one area and doing the not at homes and Ickes up over £200 in two weeks.
And I’ve still got lots of leaflets ?

I agree leaflet drops are nowhere near as good as knocking doors, also make a list of those where nobody was home I’m restarting after 19 years of doing other work that Brexit successfully killed off, and I’m canvassing ever chance I get, (I cleaned for 20 years before,) you’ll hear “ I haven’t seen my windows cleaner for a long time, then give them a leaflet. look at the windows when you approach the house.
Be confident friendly.
Say Hi my name is …….. I’m a window cleaner and I clean windows in this area once a month and I can give you a quote if you’d like? As you say that be nodding yes.
Don’t be in a rush to go, people take time to process and often the boss of the house will come out and take over. I know this from 40 years of knocking doors in a different sphere.
When you clean a house go back to the not at homes and say hi I clean the windows locally (as above) say which house you’ve done, people don’t like to say no when the neighbours are being done.
I’ve been canvassing one area and doing the not at homes and Ickes up over £200 in two weeks.
And I’ve still got lots of leaflets ?
not at homes ???? that tickled me somewhat

Back