Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Safety work shoes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Karrimoor boots from sportsdirect do me a treat, just bought 2 pairs for me and worker, £39.99 each 'reduced' from £79.99, my last pair went on for 19months

Regarding salomon shoes, seemingly salomon was bought over by some conglomerate type of thing according to a mountain shop guy n just pumping out shoes, quality has slipped n they will give you a new pair if any issues. I returned my gtx ultra shoes n got my £100 back, as just leaking. I do have salomon boots gtx, but get dampness coming in from overspray of wfp, I don't stand under the window sill while working. 
I agree with your comment. I purchased 4 pairs 3 years ago. Now days they are low grade 5hite. Sports Direct also have their fingers in the pie having even lower grade versions made 

Karrimoor boots from sportsdirect do me a treat, just bought 2 pairs for me and worker, £39.99 each 'reduced' from £79.99, my last pair went on for 19months
Sports Direct own the karrimmor brand and I wouldn't touch them with a 3rd hand barge pole.

They fall apart quickly, the glue on the toe bumper debonds quickly with moisture. A total waste of money 

Sports Direct own the karrimmor brand and I wouldn't touch them with a 3rd hand barge pole.

They fall apart quickly, the glue on the toe bumper debonds quickly with moisture. A total waste of money 
Havnt found that at all, 19 months i had a pair before i needed a new pair and £40 for 19 months is plenty good enough. 

Would recommend for people with more expensive boots they buy some “ShooGoo” from Amazon - I used to use it when I was skateboarder years ago to fix my shoesthat got destroyed from the grip on the board - stuffs amazing and I just used the new version on m scarpa boots that cost £150 and have some wear after 6months - reckon they’ll go a go while longer with this stuff reinforcing the weaker points 

I've found the same they have destroyed a once very good British brand as the quality is ?

I prefer Addidas Kandia trail running trainers they have a much thicker grip and last me longer, otherwise I can walk the soles off some in less than 12 weeks, boots wise Merrell Moab they ain't the best but do serve me well in terms of longevity. 

Back