Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Securing Tank To My Van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

People put too much trust in the crash tested principle, the company who advertises it really makes a big deal out of it. Yes its a nice idea but it was only one van. Chances are it hasn't been crash tested in your make of van. Then (on another forum) you hear of people doing thirty miles on the motorway with a full load on to go and clean an office somewhere. And I shudder

If I know I'm going on the motorway I will drain the tank before I go

People put too much trust in the crash tested principle, the company who advertises it really makes a big deal out of it. Yes its a nice idea but it was only one van. Chances are it hasn't been crash tested in your make of van. Then (on another forum) you hear of people doing thirty miles on the motorway with a full load on to go and clean an office somewhere. And I shudder
If I know I'm going on the motorway I will drain the tank before I go
thats so true different vans = different affects !

/emoticons/smile.png

Its just a scare video to boost sales anything over 30mph your foooked think of reels poles accessories coming flying at you from the back of a unbulkheaded van . I use to work for a burglar alarm company canvassing many years ago they use to knock on your door saying ive noticed you dont have a alarm ect ect and burglars are entering peoples homes at night while they in bed ect ect. .. Sold loads of alarms lol

Back in the good old days of valating a friend of mine was killed when a ibc tank strapped to the factory fitted steel bulk head came through and sat him on the dash!

Some very scary s@@t out there how ever you do it be safe people!

My best mate owns a fabrication company he's knocking a frame up for me this week. if your live around the Dorset area in sure he would make you one. cost him nothing hes got loads of steal hanging around

I know i'm new here and dont want to upset anyone or get things wrong.

I would agree that a frame bolted down to the floor is the best option.

Just wondering, the tie down points in our vans must be rated to some point. I don't remember

being told there is a maximum load that can be tied down. Or reading it when i bought the van (will have to look into this)

My van is a Fiat Ducato mwb which can carry a fair weight and has good tie down points.

Just a thought!

Back