Selling Pure Water

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Squeak and Bubbles, Jan 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Squeak and Bubbles

Anyone else selling pure water and if so how much are you selling it for?

I have just started selling it to a few windy's near me for 1p a ltr, I know the word will get round. Could make a few $$$$ a week from it.

Advertisement
  2. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

What s the average cost of producing pure water, about £5 per 1000liters?

Richard

3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I use to get my water from omnipole mate your selling it too cheap, omnipole charge £30 for 500 litres !!!

4. Neil

Neil Grand Master

People from all over london and surrounding areas go there to fill up it use to be £20 for 500 but now they have put it up to £30

5. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

There's a guy selling at merseyside sells for more than a 1p though did try sourcing water before getting van set up didn't find anything local great enterprise idea but would keep price up a little to expand it as may do a lot better than you expect with cost of fuel

6. Squeak and Bubbles

Interesting, 2p a ltr would be good then.. Having 4040's produces a lot of pure water and cheaply. Yes you have to factor in electric (for the pump) and resin cost (polisher), but 2 or 3p a ltr is still cheap by the sound of things.

7. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Realistically would price in storage costs as if competition as poor as I think it is you could do quite nicely try

What made look at sourcing water was it would be cheaper to build a round near the water source on bigger distances than travelling slower with full tanks on board and weight costs although its not much the time being the biggest factor on longer journeys this was when I first got into the idea of wfp and ideas have changed since then but it's the initial ideas that we usually stick with

8. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Legionnaires control measures may effect you if you turn over lots of supply think some others have mentioned the subject in other posts not that expensive to control more a discipline

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

If he is turning it over quick then there will be no risk of it, its just when it's left stagnant and that's when there is the risk of it startin

10. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

I thought the same and common sense says so but do know a lad in the cleaning business has a few vans on road and as had a visit concerning legionnaires only had to prove he cleaned the tanks and that was that was a couple of years ago when the Cumbria shopping centre thing went off somebody getting keen but you never know who's going to knock all he does is keep a file with a4 sheets in and the dates their cleaned goes on the sheets

Advertisement