Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What’s best to remove this?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CleanDeeper

I think its on the outside because I can feel it with my brush. It’s on 3x awkward to reach and see Velux windows. I’ve applied fairy several times but it’s not shifting. Obviously need something stronger!

Attachments

• IMG_4616.jpeg
    IMG_4616.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Depends what it is , could it be lead staining ? It doesn’t look like it is but would have thought if it was a bit of algae the brush would have removed it .
Yeah I’ve never come across anything I’ve not been able to remove with water yet ?.

Do you mean between the glass or inside the house? That was taken from inside the house. It’s not possible to see the outside glass due to the limited space and angle of the extension.
Between the glass but if you can feel it on the glass then more likely to be calcium due to it never been cleaned. I see this alot on Velux glass but not sure why. If so you would need to spray glass with white vinegar or calcium remover or spray brush and then leave on calcium till it dissolves. I had one and I just cleaned as normal, if they wanted it removed then I could only do it from inside and considerable more money involved.

Between the glass but if you can feel it on the glass then more likely to be calcium due to it never been cleaned. I see this alot on Velux glass but not sure why. If so you would need to spray glass with white vinegar or calcium remover or spray brush and then leave on calcium till it dissolves. I had one and I just cleaned as normal, if they wanted it removed then I could only do it from inside and considerable more money involved.
Thanks for the help, I’m going to need something I can brush on ideally and rinse. It’s not possible for me to get up there to spray the glass.

Probably dried on tree sap that has been there for months, I've had this on one job and had to buy https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loq-water-through-pad-holder-1-pad.html I wetted the glass first then sprayed the dry pad with degreaser and scrubbed like mad with water off and only allowed so much water onto the glass whilst scrubbing,

I was up a ladder as my two were on a low extension on a tiled roof which couldn't be walked on and only had one section extended and it took some shifting.

Latest Posts

Back