Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Setting up dual DI need some info.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You need an RO mate..
I'm not sure I do, I have been using this setup for 5 months with no issues what so ever, never had a single complaint and I clean my own windows regularly to check the finish, it's always been spot on until now, I'm pretty sure I can make this work with Di only.

Ro-man was a big company originally but the director had cancer and it folded. Then from what I’ve heard a farmer purchased the domain name and does this as spare time. I may be wrong.

What is interesting on his description is the DI Resin will nearly take it down to 000 ppm. He doesn’t state it will take it down to 000 ppm so he may be aware that it does not.

You'll be eating resin at that level, check water at tap then after it's ran through your filling hose. You might be picking up impurities from the hose as well. A 300gpd R/O isn't that expensive.
This would be moving into new territory for me, I wouldn't even begin to know where to start with an RO system.

Yeah the hose gets used for quite a few things actually, might be worth running some hot water and soap through it.

If i can get away with 3 months before a resin change I will be happy with that, not sure how sustainable that will be when I get buisier though.

Ro-man was a big company originally but the director had cancer and it folded. Then from what I’ve heard a farmer purchased the domain name and does this as spare time. I may be wrong.

What is interesting on his description is the DI Resin will nearly take it down to 000 ppm. He doesn’t state it will take it down to 000 ppm so he may be aware that it does not.
I wish I knew that before hand ? Yeah that should have been a big clue but I overlooked it as I often do in these matters.

I wish I knew that before hand ? Yeah that should have been a big clue but I overlooked it as I often do in these matters.
And I will probably hit you with another issue as I am aware of issues with those type of DI Vessels. Wait until you get new resin and see if it goes to 000 ppm. Your 11 litre should go to 000 ppm with your input ppm.

This would be moving into new territory for me, I wouldn't even begin to know where to start with an RO system.

Yeah the hose gets used for quite a few things actually, might be worth running some hot water and soap through it.

If i can get away with 3 months before a resin change I will be happy with that, not sure how sustainable that will be when I get buisier though.
Honestly mate an R/O is nothing to be scared of, I'm no engineer and even I can use one. You're not far from @spruce and there are others on here like @doug atkinson that will talk you through the setting up. 

Changed my resin in both vessels today and finally I am seeing a reading of 000!

At first it was coming out at 87! Since this is the first time I ever changed resin I decided to wait before panicking and after a while the stream started to sputter indicating air in the system after that it was 0.

If anyone is interested, that small 7ltr vessel i bought is complete garbage the resin inside was a dark brown colour even darker then my 11ltr that I've been using for 5 months! Also the rubber seal on the riser came off as soon as I unscrew the top and it seems to be coated in grease. I patched it back up and decided to use it anyway (there is no leak) but probably a good idea to stay away from RO-MAN. 

Thanks for all the assistance guys I would not have been able to do this without you legends!! I'll be back asking for advice on an RO system next. ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back