Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Should I be using so much water?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How much do you spent on resin monthly. If I use it till 10 I spend roughy £200 per month. That’s cleaning about £2500 worth of houses monthly 
A bag .lasts me over a year, I have an R/O with booster pump so my tap TDS is reduced from 300+ down to single figures. Never heard of anyone using that much resin per month.

I assume you're FI only and a high tap TDS

A bag .lasts me over a year, I have an R/O with booster pump so my tap TDS is reduced from 300+ down to single figures. Never heard of anyone using that much resin per month.

I assume you're FI only and a high tap TDS
I use tank with canister on tank. You put resin in canister and fill tank with water and it filters it as you use it. I thought I was going through a lot of resin aswell. Any ideas if am using it wrong? 

Flipping heck I use one bag in 12-15 months !,,,,, producing a minimum of 1000 ltr of pure 5 days a week I change as soon as I get a reading of 001 
What is yout tap TDI

Am clearly doing something wrong will need to look into this as spending a small fortune on resin lol 
Perhaps but earning £2500 for £200 outlay of resin aint going to be the death of your business...and you cannot operate without pure water.....unless your a cowboy.

I spend around £200 a year on resin(DI only).no room for an RO....I wouldn't want one anyway.

It takes me 30 mins in the evening to purify 500L for my next days work.easy peasy.my tap tds is 024 though......

I spend around £200 a year on resin(DI only).no room for an RO....I wouldn't want one anyway.

It takes me 30 mins in the evening to purify 500L for my next days work.easy peasy.my tap tds is 024 though......
TDS of 24. Nice. You don’t need an R O. How fortunate are you?

Hi guys. 

I’ve got a 500L tank, most days it just about lasts me when I’m doing on average 15 houses, (around £150) in 6 hours. I know it’s not a lot compared to most of you guys, as I’ve not been doing it long and built it up from scratch.

When I’m doing more compact work on new estates I’m running out of water after about 18 houses (average house £10). So I’ve been taking a few 25L drums with me to top me up.. 

Is it normal that I’m using so much water? 

I’m pretty sure I’m not over cleaning, I’m cleaning the frames quickly, then I go over the glass once or twice and give it a quick rinse. Since using them 3mm pencil jets on my brush, I usually have my flow on 37. Them jets seem to slow the flow of the water, as I used to have it on 32.

I’m on the verge of looking for a bigger van so I can fit a 1000L tank in, so I’ll have enough water for 2 people to work all day. I’ve got someone canvassing for me to try and compact my work and build it up enough to have someone else on the windows with me.

Can anyone that’s used a 1000L tank recommend any van that’s suitable for the weight? 

Many thanks, Luke. 
To be honest fella I reckon you have your pressure set way to high. I have mine set at 25 and I get a couple of days worth from my 500l tank with that and the windows are still really clean. I have 4 1.4ml pencil jets aswell. Best of luck to you

To be honest fella I reckon you have your pressure set way to high. I have mine set at 25 and I get a couple of days worth from my 500l tank with that and the windows are still really clean. I have 4 1.4ml pencil jets aswell. Best of luck to you
Pressure or flow??

Do you not find that on hydrophobic glass you need a lot of water tho? My univalve broke once early in the day and I quickly adapted to the art of nipping the hose but the thing with that is when it gets caught on the wheelie bin while you’re pulling it round the back or you need to open a gate you don’t have a hand spare and the water goes everywhere.
Apologies, I meant to reply days ago, no I find all glass the same in terms of amount of water needed to rinse, I rest my pole on a gate if needed or across my shoulder and the back of my neck I also grab the main hose and pull it round so as to avoid snags on wheelie bins

Sorry mate . Please ignore that post. I was moreof a rookie back then and have since found out it's better to work with a higher Flo rate

Back