Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sill vs Regular Brushes

• Thread starter Deleted member 5762
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

Oh dear. I hope they aren't too expensive to repair. Never used hot water myself as I haven't got that kind of money, but a window cleaner I know locally does alot of blocks of flats and says the hot water has really helped his speed. Same as me, I just can't seem to get on with a normal brush. I might try the 35cm Xtreme Sill at some point, but I don't think I could use any other brush that size.
Good god man, don’t tell people on here you don’t have hot water… you’ll have people queuing up to bang on about how you need to get hot water ?

The 35 is brill but we only really keep them around for commercial work.

Good god man, don’t tell people on here you don’t have hot water… you’ll have people queuing up to bang on about how you need to get hot water ?

The 35 is brill but we only really keep them around for commercial work.
@P4dstar lol yes I can imagine ?.

Thanks very much ?

Both my hot water systems are out of action and I don’t own enough soft sill brushes so I’ve been back on a normal brush all week. It’s awful! I managed to dig out a 35cm soft silk one, far too big for domestic but I’m making that work so avoid using a standard brush!
My hot water system is coming up to 6 years old now(grippatank 9kw)used every day.ive only a handful of days where I've not been able to use it(blown fuse).how did you end up with 2 systems not working?

We use the Xtreme Sill and wouldn't go back to am ordinary brush as we use it because, for us, it's the quickest brush we've ever used
I was telling you that I think the sill Xtreme is the best brush out there but you said it was too heavy and sticking with the Tapertec brush. Looks like you have change your mind. The Forum is to help each other so we get the optimum in cleaning. ?

Update can't get on with the brush, taking offers half a days use ???
@marlowswindows is that the standard sill flocked brush? I have one I use for first cleans, but am finding it a bit clunky/bushy if that makes sense. Plenty of thick bristles but I find the side bristles a bit weird and although I can get into the corners of frames, loads of cobwebs and little bits etc stick right in the brush and I have to unpick it quite alot. I tried the medium-soft one before but found it quite bouncy on the windows, and if I'm down a side alley or anything and have to stand close to the house while cleaning an upstairs window, I can't get much pressure on the brush to scrub well enough.

This is the problem with brushes, poles, etc. What works for one / majority doesn't mean works with everyone
Absolutely. I've tried. Just to awkward the angles compared to my others but the weight of it was an issue but then I tend the extreme sills abiy bare. No helping me buy I tried. But seriously if anyone is interested I would sell at a good price as its wasted just sat in back of my van for the next 10 years. Cost £51 delivered

Latest Posts

Back