Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sill vs Regular Brushes

• Thread starter Deleted member 5762
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Deleted member 5762

Has anyone that uses sill brushes tried switching back to regular brushes or vice versa? I've used sill brushes for quite a while, but the last couple of days have tried a regular brush again and couldn't get on with it at all. Considering I used regular brushes all the time until a couple of years ago I was quite surprised by how fidgety and awkward I found it.

I've only used a regular brush, not a sill. What would you say the advantage of the sill brush is?
@Fraggle I used to use a regular brush and switched to a sill just to help give the sills a once over while I'm cleaning the bottom of the main window frame before cleaning the sill itself. Now I find it means I don't need to really adjust the angle of the pole too much to clean the sill aswell as the window, so it's a win-win if you see what I mean.

We use the Xtreme Sill and wouldn't go back to am ordinary brush as we use it because, for us, it's the quickest brush we've ever used
@Part Timer me too. I love the Xtreme Sill brushes and use them nearly all the time, and just have the normal Gardiner sill brush for some dirty first cleans. The Xtreme Sill brushes are by far my favourite brush I've ever used.

Like others have said, I use the Xtreme Sill, 35cm one. Haven’t thought about switching away since getting it. Only issues is sometimes I find it a bit lacking on really bad bird muck. But maybe I need to adjust the angle of it cause I think I may not be getting full contact with the internal bristles.
How do you find the bigger brush? I keep thinking of trying one.

Like others have said, I use the Xtreme Sill, 35cm one. Haven’t thought about switching away since getting it. Only issues is sometimes I find it a bit lacking on really bad bird muck. But maybe I need to adjust the angle of it cause I think I may not be getting full contact with the internal bristles.
Just put a scraper on your pole

Not had any real issues myself I use the 26cm Xtreme sill with a swivel I sometimes find rotating the brush so it's on its side and then scrubbing up and down helps.

Ive just ordered a flocked 26cm sill brush I have in the van an extreme soft sill brush. I couldn't get on with it not enough on the brush for me.

Is there a certain way in which you use the brushes (stupid question I know ) haha.

I've ordered the flocked non extreme brush in the hope that the fact there's more brissels on it I will be able to get on with it a bit more.

Ive just ordered a flocked 26cm sill brush I have in the van an extreme soft sill brush. I couldn't get on with it not enough on the brush for me.

Is there a certain way in which you use the brushes (stupid question I know ) haha.

I've ordered the flocked non extreme brush in the hope that the fact there's more brissels on it I will be able to get on with it a bit more.
I have the flocked and medium soft Xtreme sill brushes, and the standard flocked sill brush. I use the standard one on first cleans or at houses that I know the windows are always quite dirty, and the sill Xtreme’s for everything else (probably 80-90% of my work). I think as they are smaller I find it helps with an extra sense of control when I’m cleaning, if that makes sense.

Has anyone that uses sill brushes tried switching back to regular brushes or vice versa? I've used sill brushes for quite a while, but the last couple of days have tried a regular brush again and couldn't get on with it at all. Considering I used regular brushes all the time until a couple of years ago I was quite surprised by how fidgety and awkward I found it.
Both my hot water systems are out of action and I don’t own enough soft sill brushes so I’ve been back on a normal brush all week. It’s awful! I managed to dig out a 35cm soft silk one, far too big for domestic but I’m making that work so avoid using a standard brush!

Both my hot water systems are out of action and I don’t own enough soft sill brushes so I’ve been back on a normal brush all week. It’s awful! I managed to dig out a 35cm soft silk one, far too big for domestic but I’m making that work so avoid using a standard brush!
Oh dear. I hope they aren't too expensive to repair. Never used hot water myself as I haven't got that kind of money, but a window cleaner I know locally does alot of blocks of flats and says the hot water has really helped his speed. Same as me, I just can't seem to get on with a normal brush. I might try the 35cm Xtreme Sill at some point, but I don't think I could use any other brush that size.

Latest Posts

Back