Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sky dishes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yep that's where this one was mate, right on the side of a velux. The problem is its a cut one, otherwise I would buy a tile and do a straight replacement. So its getting the silicone treatment.
Silicone won't last. It may look poor but a strip of lead hooked over the tile below, supporting the replaced tile is best. Veluxs and the like, thermal panels also now, are fitted with flashing kits. If the roofer can't be arsed then the tiles around the velux will kick up a little, being proud of the roof and very easy to dislodge.

How hard is it to re orient a dish? Ray mears says they always point south eastish, but what elevation?

or...cement it most of em are cement anyway......thing is ..silicone lasts long enough for it not to be your fault anymore...:eek:

i blame the satellite and tv people....clumsy bu ggers..

hopefully....i have learnt my lessons now...and yes i would just replace with my brickie trowel if it was a straight swap...

you would have to really clobber a dish to move it as they are tightened up..

Most sat dishes the LMB is fitted with a plastic bracket so is easy when hit hard enough to break it off.

Back