Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hOSE Y SPLITTER FOR 2 MAN SET UP

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

Hi all, just ordered my new controller+pump to set up for 2 man set-up in van,

all i need now is a decent Y splitter to add into garden hose from tank to connect up the 2 pumps.

any links to a good Y splitter. i think i may be best with a brass one to jubillee clip the hose onto for peace of mind, dont want leaks . like this oneView attachment 4439

do any of you use hozelock ones.

ill look in wilkinsons tomorrow

Ive just set up my 2 man system too and yes im using the hozelock 'y' splitter and push fit connections. All seems well so far and its all completely watertight with no leaks at all. Only time will tell i suppose. As long as the connections are tight and they aren't being pulled about then i hope these will last. Let me know how you get on with the brass splitter

keir i havent got it yet, i went to wilkinsons today to get a hozelock y splitter, i got stumped as how to attatch it to my tank tap or even hose, is it possible for you to send me a pic of how you have connected yours up keir, i was hoping to get it set-up today.

i looked at the hozelock y splitter but couldnt fathom out what to connect into the screw thread to connect it upto hose or tank tap pushfit end,

[email protected]

Are you guys splitting off at the pole hose? Or from the pump running two reels?

ill just need to lenghen hose pipe ,may have to move things around.

any ideas, battery in brown box, easy to place somewhere else, just need some ideas how to setup for 2

I use a brass y splitter,connect the hose n jubilee under van and to the bumper port ive fitted

two hoses n reels n van is locked n secure

the pics are of my 1 pump setup as now, i need to fit another pump to water feed from tank. my brains ticking over , different ideas all the time, where and how to setup leak free. b+q do the plastic Ysplitter yellow one as in pic above, may have to get that one, work from that, take tap hose to tank rear, feed through middle gap with Ysplitter on main feed hose and add 2 more hoses onto Y splitter going to each pump.

i reckon thats the best way.

I just running two hoses n reels off one pump at mo........it only 18 month old,if it knackers it,spose I should've used two pumps n two control,,,,,ah well,time will tell DOH!!!!

Johnny I use the yellow Hozelock 3 way splitter and 3 push fit hozelock connections. The feed hose from my van tank goes into the splitter and this splits off into two separate Shurflo pumps. I prefer to have two completely independent systems in my van, so if one system fails I can switch to the other one and still work the day without loosing too much money. Then I will have time to fix the problem in my own time. I'll take a pic and post it mate.

adding a second tap,you mean drilling a hole in the bottom of the tank, i dont think so, if tyou mean add a double tap that i will when i can find one.

sick of looking, ill just do as Keir has, ill just make sure hoses are secured dowloosen connections and keep from moving.

Also make sure to keep both hoses from splitter to pumps, exactly the same length so the water doesn't favour one over the other. My two man set up works extremely well and I can work alongside my mate all day long now with no leaks or loss of pressure at all.

@johnny bravo just add a T piece to your existing outlet. I have a 3/4" fitting coming out of my tank. I added a T piece so I now have 2 x 3/4" female threads. I just attached 2 taps and appropriate fittings to the ends.

Though, just splitting a garden hose with a Y piece will also work fine. It's cheaper and quick.

Latest Posts

Back