Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slx extension & carbon goose neck

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Windowcleaner88

Advise please … I have the SLX 35 and it’s great pole but a few customers that I have there solar panels are just out of my reach, should I get the 8 & 9 extensions and carbon neck or invest in a longer pole maybe the super max or Xtream ?
Thanks in advance

Advise please … I have the SLX 35 and it’s great pole but a few customers that I have there solar panels are just out of my reach, should I get the 8 & 9 extensions and carbon neck or invest in a longer pole maybe the super max or Xtream ?
Thanks in advance
The all is a very bendy pole at that length adding further extensions will probably mean the pole will rub on the gutters or roof tiles depending on the pitch , with a longer pole you can open the sections half way this will make the pole more ridged the extream poles also bend trying to do solar , if sections are extended near full we use ultimate poles for higher solar but it’s not worth spending that much unless you have a lot of work for it .

The all is a very bendy pole at that length adding further extensions will probably mean the pole will rub on the gutters or roof tiles depending on the pitch , with a longer pole you can open the sections half way this will make the pole more ridged the extream poles also bend trying to do solar , if sections are extended near full we use ultimate poles for higher solar but it’s not worth spending that much unless you have a lot of work for it .
I actually have an SLX 35 with a couple extra sections added - agree it does bend a bit more than is ideal. However have used it at full extension on a flatish pitch solar clean before and used the technique of lifting the base above me head it worked fine and didn’t hit the gutters - found this old pic on my phone :

Attachments

• IMG_8502.jpeg
    IMG_8502.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 8

Latest Posts

Back