Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So what are your top five ways to get customer in?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was chatting to another windy today as you do. He apparently has been a trad cleaner for 28 years and only fallen off his ladders twice as it happens and told me he doesn't take any chances anymore. Anyway to cut a long story short after I had finished what I was doing I gave him a toot as I drove past him working. I just wished I had a camera as was so funny to see what he was up to trying to get to a top window above a pitched roof to do it by hand. Bless him /emoticons/biggrin.png

Some ppl havent got a clue how using the right methods/tools can make your job so much easier and safer to do :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how I have always done things, use the right tool for the job, never understood the "this is what I use, its the best and refuse to use anything else" attitude.

when you need the new work,you must be so determined to get it that it hurts, its all a case of he who dares, wins .

even now,6 yrs in ,im as determined as ever , workers livelihoods riding on me supplying work . i dont doorknock ,but i spend time every day drumming up new. sipping soup in the cafe lunchtime today i read the local paper ,whats this guff, a list of local businesses nominated for some award coming up soon , mmm i will be contacting these as it gives the name of the owner , see if they want windows doing , to increase the sparkle appeal of their shop/office in the award decision

when you need the new work,you must be so determined to get it that it hurts, its all a case of he who dares, wins .
even now,6 yrs in ,im as determined as ever , workers livelihoods riding on me supplying work . i dont doorknock ,but i spend time every day drumming up new. sipping soup in the cafe lunchtime today i read the local paper ,whats this guff, a list of local businesses nominated for some award coming up soon , mmm i will be contacting these as it gives the name of the owner , see if they want windows doing , to increase the sparkle appeal of their shop/office in the award decision
This is some good stuff. Thinking outside the box and doing the things that others aren't doing.

Thats brilliant that there.

Going to the cafe, reading the paper, even I could manage that. :laugh:

Yeah good stuff Boarcity, There is an estate near me and two windows per house are like impossible to get too on ladders. I can pole them but on bad angles. It will not be as good a job. What would you do in this senario? Could I just say that too them? I suppose you get this all the time Boarcity? I no way am climbing on the garage slooping roofs and pitched porch ones. Insurance would kill me and just not good, so only method is pole, but I no the pole will not do as good as service. I dotn want to let the cutomer down, probably nerves of being new, but I hope you see where I am coming from. Its frustrating it really is, I look at a house and think how do the windys do that? Am i ****, I just could not get to it and the pole trad use is not going to be great as awful angle. Doing it form inside, would you get enough room, they might have a bed in way, seems bit extreme? I would feel bit off offering that.

I am determind, I am on a mission this week now, flyers have to get done, I jst nervous doing the hard to get ones and looking silly saing I can not do that one, so good to learn form you guys on how I need to approcah it.

I like your thinking boarcity, I am thinking of ways out the box. end of this week and next week are going to be full on promotion and getting out there hardcore.

Talking about people falling off smurf was before, wow I been a stalker and watching other windys and tbh I should not as I think thye are ****, they were using ladders on wet no safty bits at all and one ladder had only one foot on it, the other one was missing, I was shocked and he just threw the ladders up and went up without a care in the world. Some nutters out there. Then there is me with my standoff and m8rix all climbing it proper and tentative lol - I am doing fine. "oh and a windy gave me a tip if its dodgy and slippy get a sand bag out and put it behind each ladder foot and that stops it going back.....inovative?

Pretty much all my new customers have been generated while I've been out cleaning and every one of those while I was working on the front of the property. It's the usual "can you add me to your round, I'm number whatever". My advice if your starting out and don't have that many houses is to spend a long time on the fronts giving yourself maximum exposure and do a perfect job. You could consider occasionally reversing the order of the round so you catch passers by at different times of the day. Just a couple of ideas that have generated new business for me.

Danfire - Thats good advice, I now have my window cleaning car stickers I can put on. That is what I hope happens when I am working. I will hang about a little after the jobs too and also door knock and say I have just completed jobs in the road etc etc....

When I was starting I used to wear my window cleaning T-shirt every time I went to the supermarket. Been approached a couple of times which led to new roads which in turn generated more work with the neighbours.

Im gonna get a T Shirt and wear it when I sit in the Cafe'.

Cool plan /emoticons/biggrin.png

I was speaking to an old trad guy today as already mentioned and he was wearing a body warmer with window cleaner on it and his contact number. Also on his set of ladder on the top rungs he has a sign with his name on it and contact number. He was telling me he has built up his round by door knocking and other ppl asking him to do theirs whilst he is working. That's it NO bookface No website NOTHING only the good old fashioned face to face.

I was speaking to an old trad guy today as already mentioned and he was wearing a body warmer with window cleaner on it and his contact number. Also on his set of ladder on the top rungs he has a sign with his name on it and contact number. He was telling me he has built up his round by door knocking and other ppl asking him to do theirs whilst he is working. That's it NO bookface No website NOTHING only the good old fashioned face to face.
I have built my small round entirely on bookface and a handful on flyers, no knocking on doors for hours wearing out shoes and ******* people off /emoticons/tongue.png

Im gonna get a T Shirt and wear it when I sit in the Cafe'.Cool plan /emoticons/biggrin.png
Just remember to not linger on page 3, sends out the wrong vibe.:thumbsup:

I got all my folks from a mixture of all methods, recommendations, and getting spotted. Time is the biggest factor IMHO. If you clean them, they will come.

your are never going to build a large compct round quickly by using facetwitbook surely:laugh:

your are never going to build a large compct round quickly by using facetwitbook surely:laugh:
I beg to differ.

3 full days next week, all off facebook, in 3 separate areas, each area each house is no more than a couple of mins apart.

Actually a slight lie, on tuedsday the work is in two separate villages, that are maybe 3 miles apart? might take longer to get between those.

The thing is with facebook, is nearly everyone is on it, especially women, and the women are the ones who in the end make the decision on paying for stuff, they are also the ones who are most likely to actually want clean windows, and they ALL love sales pages.

Its a no brainer really.

Latest Posts

Back