Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soffit and facia

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WFP and brush but don't do it if paint is flaking
Exactly this. When she was alive I used to clean my Nan's bungalow, and that had wooden soffits and fascias and plastic guttering. I cleaned the guttering very gently with a small soft brush, but usually a few weeks after they'd been repainted (also by me lol) otherwise it would have probably wrecked the wood. If the paint isn't too bad you might be able to spruce them up a bit with a cobweb brush. I know it's not the same as a proper clean, but I use a cobweb brush called an unger starduster and it's brilliant for this sort of thing. It fits on unger poles and also on a Gardiner green cone adapter that fits on their poles.

And just go very light explaining to the customer the paint is the protection I could potentially fasten the process of rotting the wood

If the paint isn't too bad you might be able to spruce them up a bit with a cobweb brush.
We had a really big fascia job to quote, let's just say we didn't want it so quoted £1200 but got it. As soon as we started to do it the cobwebs were a nightmare. I told my son to put the 45cm flocked brush on and go round ahead of me dry cleaning the cobwebs.
He was obviously quicker than me and after 10 minutes came round the corner and said the Chairman of the Residents Committee was delighted on how clean he'd got the fascia, his flat was 2nd floor and could virtually touch the fascia.
So I put a 45cm flocked brush on and dry cleaned the rest so a nightmare job became a good one 😁

Last edited:
i came across a rotten wooden soffit ,the couple in the house said what to do? i said i noticed further along somebody has repaired a similar rotten bit quite well bridged it over with a thin bit of ply.They replied really,could you come and do something similar i said ok, next time im round here i will bring a bit of ply.Oh thank you so much ,thats very kind of you . A month went by and i arrive get the ply piece, ladder etc and set it up ,climb up and guess what? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, somebody else had gone and repaired it!

Back