Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwashing newbie

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ned

Hi Guys, I am about to add softwashing as add on to my window cleaning and pressure washing business, I have built my own mixer valves and looking advice on what pump is best to use? And what surfactant?

I am using hypo and planning to run it through 6mm micro-bore and either use a spray nozzle or brush application, can any one advise me on best practise

any devise is more than welcome, thanks in advance

clever wash is good thats what i use allways found it good i spray and brush depends on what im cleaning pebble dash spray every thing else brush

Thanks what ratios do you use?
300 ml or coke can full (surfactant) to a neat drum of bleach 25 ltr , mixing ratios of hypo to water will depend on the substrate, contaminant, etc but mixes between 4-1 and 6-1 are the most common for rendered walls , paths and patios will need a stronger mix for black spot and liken etc , but you really need to get some training and understand what you are doing before just going out using hypo , especially with the needed PPE and knowing how to use it effectively it’s not just a case of spraying a hypo mix on everything, a little knowledge is dangerous comes to mind .

This is what we use 300 mm or a coke can full to a 25 ltr barrel of neat hypo cheap as chips £20 for 5 ltr
where did you get this from PJ? I've only ever bought clever wash which I must say is brilliant but quite ££.

Thanks Pjj does it work just the same as clever wash?
Yes cleverwash has a scent mask in it but it doesn’t get rid of the bleach smell , we used to use cleverwash but someone on hear recommended the lauryl I tried it and have used it ever since it’s good stuff and much cheaper , we don’t bother with a sent mask as 3 of us had allergic reactions to it I have a couple of litres in the garage sat on the shelf .

Yes cleverwash has a scent mask in it but it doesn’t get rid of the bleach smell , we used to use cleverwash but someone on hear recommended the lauryl I tried it and have used it ever since it’s good stuff and much cheaper , we don’t bother with a sent mask as 3 of us had allergic reactions to it I have a couple of litres in the garage sat on the shelf .
You’re welcome Paul lol
It may have been me

Yeah, I've got to say it really doesn't mask anything the clever wash, though I've also liked how it reacts. I'll deffo now buy some and see how it goes as it's like half price so worth a go.
I did buy some masking scent from blastaway to try it and to be fair it was pretty good, made the smell a lot better on a job.

Yeah, I've got to say it really doesn't mask anything the clever wash, though I've also liked how it reacts. I'll deffo now buy some and see how it goes as it's like half price so worth a go.
I did buy some masking scent from blastaway to try it and to be fair it was pretty good, made the smell a lot better on a job.
We don’t use a scent mask now, if buying a pre mixed product like pure seal there stuff is quite good for not having a bleach smell but again it’s a lot dearer than normal hypo and doesn’t work any better but it is an approved product ??? it’s as good as Benz stuff and cheaper .

All the scents just make a sweeter smelling chlorine smell but never properly mask it.
Another recent entrant in the surfactant market are Liquipak with this product. Haven't used it but have bought a number of times from Liquipak and good to deal with and fast free delivery - 5 litres of Cleverwash (including £10 delivery) works out at more than twice the price

All the scents just make a sweeter smelling chlorine smell but never properly mask it.
Another recent entrant in the surfactant market are Liquipak with this product. Haven't used it but have bought a number of times from Liquipak and good to deal with and fast free delivery - 5 litres of Cleverwash (including £10 delivery) works out at more than twice the price
I have tried there SH before and I swear it wasn't 14/15%. More like 10/11% at best. Since then I've stayed clear.

Latest Posts

Back