Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel Cleaning Training Course To Be Held 11th July 2015

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just out of interest, I come on the coarse but don't like the % I am going to be getting, or, I don't have the equipment needed, or can't afford it.

I just threw my money away for nothing? if I don't work for you then I can't use the certification?

Not knocking just trying to understand.

To put it another way, what size pole would I need to carry out the work? if mine isn't big enough I would need to buy another, if I can't buy another for whatever reason I just wasted £250+ for nothing.

Do I have to have a van mount? same again.

Would be nice to know a little bit more detail otherwise it seems a complete punt to me.

We a number of spaces left, but it depends where you are based @RealKidJokerWhat town are you in?
Dumfries. DG postcode.

Another quick question Steve if you don't mind? Say I was wanting to do work for you in Ayrshire for example, would I then need to pay another £250 in order to cover each area? Dumfries & Galloway is a large region but where I'm based, I'm very close to surrounding regions - Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, Cumbria.

Cheers

To put it another way, what size pole would I need to carry out the work? if mine isn't big enough I would need to buy another, if I can't buy another for whatever reason I just wasted £250+ for nothing.
Do I have to have a van mount? same again.

Would be nice to know a little bit more detail otherwise it seems a complete punt to me.
Hi @Diwrnach.

The money is good, otherwise we would have so many willing subcontractors who work with us in the long term. Everyone who attended the first course has made their money back already, including those who spent £500 bringing multiple members of staff. The only company who hasn't is a pressure washing company who have yet to invest in solar panel cleaning equipment.

If you don't have the correct equipment or can't afford it, then why do the course? That's like training to be an electrician and not wanting to buy any tools. You have to invest in all aspects of your new business venture.

The certification is to say that you have attended our training course and are an Approved Contractor. If you don't work for us, no, we will not let you use our brand to get work. Why should we?

There is zero guarantee of work. However, our figures run like this:

2012: less than 200 panels cleaned

2013: 53,500 panels cleaned

2014: 74,000 panels cleaned

2015: 100,000 panels predicted, but we are on target to do over 200,000.

I expect we will get work in your area based on those figures and rate of growth.

Dumfries. DG postcode.
Another quick question Steve if you don't mind? Say I was wanting to do work for you in Ayrshire for example, would I then need to pay another £250 in order to cover each area? Dumfries & Galloway is a large region but where I'm based, I'm very close to surrounding regions - Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, Cumbria.

Cheers
@RealKidJoker you pay your course fee and then take as much as you are willing to cover, just so long as it does not cross into someone else's territory. At the moment, all of the areas you mention are available, so this would be a good time for you to get them. We don't have anyone else in Scotland looking to come on this course, but we do have a guy in the Lakes. If you want that territory, act fast because he may pay any day now.

Just a general update for everyone who may be reading and not posting, the next course is at Ramada hotel in Telford on 11th July. We need confirmation of places by Tuesday 7th July.

We also have another running on 22nd July at a venue TBC. It will again be in Telford though.

If you are interested in attending either of those dates, please contact me ASAP to book your place.

Hi @Diwrnach.
The money is good, otherwise we would have so many willing subcontractors who work with us in the long term. Everyone who attended the first course has made their money back already, including those who spent £500 bringing multiple members of staff. The only company who hasn't is a pressure washing company who have yet to invest in solar panel cleaning equipment.

If you don't have the correct equipment or can't afford it, then why do the course? That's like training to be an electrician and not wanting to buy any tools. You have to invest in all aspects of your new business venture.

The certification is to say that you have attended our training course and are an Approved Contractor. If you don't work for us, no, we will not let you use our brand to get work. Why should we?

There is zero guarantee of work. However, our figures run like this:

2012: less than 200 panels cleaned

2013: 53,500 panels cleaned

2014: 74,000 panels cleaned

2015: 100,000 panels predicted, but we are on target to do over 200,000.

I expect we will get work in your area based on those figures and rate of growth.

That is my entire point, how do I know if I do or don't have the required equipment? so how do I know if I should do the course or not as you say yourself, why do it if you haven't got it, but without knowing what "it" is its hard to decide whether its worth doing or not.

That is my entire point, how do I know if I do or don't have the required equipment? so how do I know if I should do the course or not as you say yourself, why do it if you haven't got it, but without knowing what "it" is its hard to decide whether its worth doing or not.
Notice how he threw in the 'pressure washing company' to entice you :rofl:

If you are already WFP, your investment after the training will be minimal. A few hundred quid absolute tops.

By looking at the jobs solar Steve gets . 650 litre min water tank , (no good using barrels .) pole , might need a 40foot one

I'm guessing the investment would be on tickets for access lifting and maybe harness kit......? And other PPE. I'm hoping he's not gonna suggest I fork out on a towable bowser.....

Looking forward the training day.

I admit I am warming to the idea now it is open as to what it is and not being disguised as a training course as it was originally, now as a business opportunity it makes a lot more sense.

Though I do only have around 250 litres of water I carry and use a trolley and not a van mount as where I live in the Cotswolds a van mount doesn't;t make much sense with the size of a lot of the houses I work on, poor access etc.

I'll have a think as I have already spent a couple of grand on equipment etc this year and at the moment almost flat out as it is.

That is assuming there is no one operating near me already, I live in Shipston on Stour, CV36 postcode, which is a Coventry post code, but Cov is bloody miles away, I am in Warwickshire by about 1/4 of a mile, leave the town one way you are in Oxfordshire, leave it the other way you are in Gloucestershire, Vale of Evesham on the doorstep as obviously the Cotswolds is as well.

quick reel him in steve hes on the hook...:rofl:

yeh I do suppose I could offer to do farmer giles ten zillion solar panels....

but then again...

Im a lazy sod...I will pass him on to steve../emoticons/biggrin.png

@Diwrnach you plug a hole very nicely. We have a gap in our network exactly where you are and have had recent jobs there too. If you were willing to travel to Wellingborough, we have a site with 110,000 panels on it we need help with. We are using a number of our Approved Contractors who have been trained by us on that job. That one alone will more than cover your outlay on the course. You will still be able to work with a 250 litre tank too.

Call me on the mobile number on the website on Monday and we can discuss. I am in the office all day.

@Diwrnach you plug a hole very nicely. We have a gap in our network exactly where you are and have had recent jobs there too. If you were willing to travel to Wellingborough, we have a site with 110,000 panels on it we need help with. We are using a number of our Approved Contractors who have been trained by us on that job. That one alone will more than cover your outlay on the course. You will still be able to work with a 250 litre tank too.
Call me on the mobile number on the website on Monday and we can discuss. I am in the office all day.
Sorry Steve only just got this, been working from 9 this morning to 7 this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back