Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solution Needed: Pole Hose to Reel Hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Right lads, has anyone got a decent solution for pole hose to reel hose? I’ve tried Exceed slick connects. They break within weeks. I’m currently using a metal joiner with multiple oclips, but as in the video it has worked it’s way loose (and I only use cold water). It’s doing my head in!

@Gavin I can’t seem to attach my video, mate. Only letting me select pictures.

Tightly wrap with electrical tape and then put gorilla tape over that. Mine stays connected all the time as my poles are hoseless so I can disconnect from there if I need to.

Yeah start by wrapping tightly around the o clip wings so they are tightly held together and then put the gorilla tape over it to protect it further. Will last twelve months before more tape needs be added,

@spruce beat me to it :) I'm not sure @Skxawng has listed the new coupling on his site yet. Maybe message him.

The 2 x o clips on the yellow hose, I would allow a bit more hose before the first o clip then a bit of space then the second o clip. Also maybe put the o clips at 90 degrees to each other - not ideal for not catching stuff but maybe the clamping might be better?

Right lads, has anyone got a decent solution for pole hose to reel hose? I’ve tried Exceed slick connects. They break within weeks. I’m currently using a metal joiner with multiple oclips, but as in the video it has worked it’s way loose (and I only use cold water). It’s doing my head in!

We have been using Exceed Slick Connects for a year now without issues. The only issue I've had on my pole is that the shield on my pole hose connector doesn't lock in place. Easy solution was a couple of wraps of insulation tape.

You need @Skxawng hose joiners he uses Rectus 21 fittings they are brilliant, think his website is called rooteck or something

i just use a rectus 21male. tap on reel . female E Z snaptail on pole hose Easy to Connect or disconect when needed to use with different poles or get water if needed simply turn on or off

I do have a hard wearing quick connector that goes between the pole hose and reel hose in the pipeline but it's still being field tested. That's mainly for people who need to disconnect fairly often though. Otherwise you can use rectus 21 type couplers with a protector over them.
If you're looking for a permanent seamless join between the pole hose and microbore reel hose though, then there aren't any really good solutions. I've been trying to find a good way of doing it for ages with limited success. The most seamless way is a barbed joiner with nice sharp grippy ridges (yours looks strangely blunt on the ridges) and wind pvc tape carefully around it and go a few inches at least either side of it. If you do it neatly you don't even need o clips as the tape holds it together. It does wear off and need re-taping regularly though.

I’ve been using rectus 21 connections with one of Skxawng’s protectors. We drag them around so much they do fail eventually so now we’ve started wrapping tape around them. It works much better than tape on it’s own ever did.

Been using slick connects for years without any major issues. Used rectus 21’s before that but didn’t think they where as good as they don’t like being dragged across the floor. Pretty much any connector you use gets a major beating so won’t last forever. I usually get around a year out of my slicks.

Been using slick connects for years without any major issues. Used rectus 21’s before that but didn’t think they where as good as they don’t like being dragged across the floor. Pretty much any connector you use gets a major beating so won’t last forever. I usually get around a year out of my slicks.
I have been using the Tuff Tap from Rootek for almost 2 years I was a tester and the first one developed an issue within the first few weeks but still using the 2nd one he sent me and it's still going strong the exterior has barely worn at all.

So I can only assume his other products with the same type of outer body will last just as long .

Sorry, you cant upload videos directly to the site. You can upload it to youtube or similar, then link it here.

I’ve been using rectus 21 connections with one of Skxawng’s protectors. We drag them around so much they do fail eventually so now we’ve started wrapping tape around them. It works much better than tape on it’s own ever did.
Hi, I haven't yet seen one fail so I'm curious to see what happened with it so I might be able to make it last longer. Was it the Slim one with the split ends? :IMG_20210320_113615.jpg
This one ^^^

Hi, I haven't yet seen one fail so I'm curious to see what happened with it so I might be able to make it last longer. Was it the Slim one with the split ends? :View attachment 28035
This one ^^^
That's the one. It's not the product, it's the way we use them mate. They get an absolute beating every day. They're installed over the join between the pole hose and reel hose so they're scraped along the floor, dragged around corners, caught on brickwork, trapped under things and pulled etc. Dan commented the other day that the one we've got on (currently untaped) is lasting really well. The following day it started to slip off the connection. After a few weeks to a month they start to slip off the connection. I abused one so much that one of the flaps snapped off it.... All in all this is a me problem and not a problem with the product. Similarly the two part slim ones don't fair well to our abuse either, the tops unclip eventually but they seemed to last a little longer. The only reason I use the slim ones is the thicker versions won't go through my pull out hose guides

That's the one. It's not the product, it's the way we use them mate. They get an absolute beating every day. They're installed over the join between the pole hose and reel hose so they're scraped along the floor, dragged around corners, caught on brickwork, trapped under things and pulled etc. Dan commented the other day that the one we've got on (currently untaped) is lasting really well. The following day it started to slip off the connection. After a few weeks to a month they start to slip off the connection. I abused one so much that one of the flaps snapped off it.... All in all this is a me problem and not a problem with the product. Similarly the two part slim ones don't fair well to our abuse either, the tops unclip eventually but they seemed to last a little longer. The only reason I use the slim ones is the thicker versions won't go through my pull out hose guides
Thanks, that's interesting. I've discontinued the two part slim one with the split end as it's getting replaced with this new version mentioned earlier. It is 5mm wider though..

Latest Posts

Back