Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reel hose to pole hose connector

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Will give it a go have to say I can see them o ring getting caught and snagged on few things maybe put a bit of black tape over them

Why not a brass barb ?
Yes they can catch on things but we coil up the pole hose whilst walking tk the property so it’s off the ground most of the time whilst getting to the job . I have tried plastic, and brass joiners and found the brass ones after a couple of weeks puncture the hose when going through the floor rollers , plastic ones are ok but can squash flat restricting flow and do eventually break m so started using the male  ezy snap fitting and find it works well we double clip each hose due to using hot water and it will blow the hose apart with cold only one is needed .

Honestly Davy I have never had any kinks Evan when I used cold water of years I feel the key to this is putting the hose on the reel correctly when it’s new once you get the twists out then it’s fine fir the life of the hose , there are 6 of us and we all work in different ways but none of us get any issues , I have read a few posts on hear saying about this and dint understand why ones get issues m Ime sure we dont do anything different to any other cleaners , as I said earlier the ezysnap male and female act as a swivel that stops any twists building up 
So it's just ezysnap nothing else so thick end in reel hose skinny bit in pole hose yeah

Honestly Davy I have never had any kinks Evan when I used cold water of years I feel the key to this is putting the hose on the reel correctly when it’s new once you get the twists out then it’s fine fir the life of the hose , there are 6 of us and we all work in different ways but none of us get any issues , I have read a few posts on hear saying about this and dint understand why ones get issues m Ime sure we dont do anything different to any other cleaners , as I said earlier the ezysnap male and female act as a swivel that stops any twists building up 
Never doubted your word for a second Paul. ? I was just trying to figure out how you don't have to watch for twists. You may well be right, a lot of it could be down to how the reels are loaded the first time. ?

Never doubted your word for a second Paul. ? I was just trying to figure out how you don't have to watch for twists. You may well be right, a lot of it could be down to how the reels are loaded the first time. ?
I don’t  think there is a magic  formula we tested a very well known manufacturers pole hose for  them as some said it coiled up and twisted in knots, when it was new it wouldn’t lay flat on the ground and did stick up in a few places but after a couple of weeks it got better but never experienced any twists at all , and that’s the best pole hose on the market as far as Ime concerned we have tried m exceed Inovation,ionics, rhino hose , Gardiners , pure freedoms , and a couple of others some I didn’t like but never got any kinks or twists and we used hot and cold whils trying them 

I don’t  think there is a magic  formula we tested a very well known manufacturers pole hose for  them as some said it coiled up and twisted in knots, when it was new it wouldn’t lay flat on the ground and did stick up in a few places but after a couple of weeks it got better but never experienced any twists at all , and that’s the best pole hose on the market as far as Ime concerned we have tried m exceed Inovation,ionics, rhino hose , Gardiners , pure freedoms , and a couple of others some I didn’t like but never got any kinks or twists and we used hot and cold whils trying them 
I use Ionic’s orange pole hose. A friend recommended it to me. It works well with hot water and Univalve but I have to say it's stiff to use and we're finding it impossible to coil.

Thanks for ya help

That's all I was looking your don't want to get off on a wrong note?

I use Ionic’s orange pole hose. A friend recommended it to me. It works well with hot water and Univalve but I have to say it's stiff to use and we're finding it impossible to coil.
We now use Gardiners green Pu hose that’s my prefer choice but also have ionics orange and exceed blue in stock I generally buy  several hundred meters at a time so have a good stock ???

As a side point years ago ionics had two versions of that orange hose they had a soft version and a stiff version I think the stiff was a manufacturers fault from what Ruben said to me but they had thousands of meters of it so sold it any way ????

We now use Gardiners green Pu hose that’s my prefer choice but also have ionics orange and exceed blue in stock I generally buy  several hundred meters at a time so have a good stock ???
I bought a 100 meter reel of Ionic’s orange a while back. Only two of us and a total of four poles in use. It will probably be a while before I need to buy more pole hose. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a 100 meter reel of Ionic’s orange a while back. Only two of us and a total of four poles in use. It will probably be a while before I need to buy more pole hose. ?
I  envie you we have aprox 8 poles per van , two fixed reels and 3 free standing so use a lot of pole hose as we run tubeless on all hoses   ????

I  envie you we have aprox 8 poles per van , two fixed reels and 3 free standing so use a lot of pole hose as we run tubeless on all hoses   ????
Is it a fleet of fire engines you're borrowing on the quiet when you're colleagues aren't looking? ?

My pole hose and main hose does twist a handful of times a day, I use an inline tap between the two hoses and I am getting lazy and leave pole hose coiled up in the back of the van over the weekend when really I should put it on the reel or straighten it out over the weekend or store it big loops. 

My pole hose and main hose does twist a handful of times a day, I use an inline tap between the two hoses and I am getting lazy and leave pole hose coiled up in the back of the van over the weekend when really I should put it on the reel or straighten it out over the weekend or store it big loops. 
We use Exceed Innovation's pole hose and have done so for years. We coil the pole hose up after each clean. We have to uncoil the hose before we start each job. It takes a few seconds and part of the job. Every now and again I get a 'birds nest' at the bottom of the pole when trying to extend the pole.

Not many of us windies work the same way @darryn71.  You could well turn your pole one way more than the other while you are working. I often 'curl' my pole when turning it upside down to clean the lower section and sill of door. So when @Pjjsays they don't have a problem or understand your problem he isn't being smart. He will just be working differently and taught his workers to work in the same way. But he could have other problems with hose management you don't.

I have found that I have to really take more care when untwisting the pole hose on my 40' pole more than I do on my 22' pole. Its the same pole hose.

Someone alluded to the fact that @Pjjuses hot water and that's the reason why he doesn't have a problem. It could also well be, but then hot water makes the 'plastics' softer so this could actually cause him more problems than someone using just cold water.

When you ask the answer to a problem you have @darryn71, you are going to get a variety of answers which windies reply to with their experience. Some of those answers won't apply to you - its up to you to sift through their replies and think about what makes sense to you. But you can't totally disregard the answers that don't make sense to you at the time.

A while back we had a cleaner asking one of the forums why his diesel heater he had would cut out but would perform perfectly when he left the engine running. It had been back to the supplier who fitted it numerous times without the problem being solved. For us, it could only have been a battery voltage problem or a lack of fuel. He wouldn't listen to any of the suggestions that were made and I doubt he even bothered to check them out. Because this company had supplied and fitted the heater he automatically believed that they had fitted it correctly. He left the forum very disgruntled and never logged back in. He probably views us all as a bunch of idiots. His last post alluded to his contempt for the response he got.

We though had heard of the experience @dazmondhad when Grippatank supplied and fitted his heater. Exactly the same thing happened and it ended up that the new Transit Connect vans need a Ford supplied stand pipe fitted to the van's tank to retrieve fuel inside the tank. Grippa didn't know that and in all due honesty they aren't to know everything, especially when vehicle specs change. To their credit, they sorted the problem out.

We weren't giving him a solution, we were just making suggestions for him to check out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back