Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some Other Windy Undercutting Me By 25%

WCF

Help Support WCF:

average street house here in middlesbrough ranges from £2.50p - £3.50p full house from £4.50p - £7. if you dont clean them this will only leave an oppening for another one to be seen in your area. it will soon be the same as supermarket price match, match competitors price or loose a customer. some just want to make a living from this, some are just happy to get a days work, you see all the people wanting to buy rounds, im always happy to get a new customer, years ago i might of said no im too busy because they didnt ask me before when they know ive been cleaning in that area for the last 10 or so years . i wish i could charge what some claim they are charging. your very lucky.

same here mate,take what half people say on any business forum with a pinch of salt most are talking sh1t if there that busy and making that much money they wouldnt be sat on here all day.

you can make a good living out of this but some guys claim to be donald trump. :lol:
Yes but you have to admit this is the most cash in hand, no questions asked business that there is and a magnet to people like doleys. Oh and by the way I am only sitting here cos its pee-ing down

a lot of wc are to blame for wc problems, by this i mean they say you need a min price of £10 to all the newbies and if your not making 4k a month then you aint running it properly, telling custys that if they want to go 8 weekly they need to add 50% to the price,

newbies do this and then wonder why they are losing work to people who charge less,

wc started off every 2 weeks, then people started charging more for monthly, they people started offering 8 week service and then moan when custys say want to go every 3 months,

they all say we should say no to national contracts at £5 per shop, as it undervalues the businet o, yet a lot who say this are doing the nationals for cheap anyway and want to keep it a closed shop

Yes but you have to admit this is the most cash in hand, no questions asked business that there is and a magnet to people like doleys. Oh and by the way I am only sitting here cos its pee-ing down
any job can be cash in hand mate,its a magnet because any mug can do it,i dont agree with signing on and working but can you blame them?how can you survive on whatever it is they give them nowadys?theres no graft about.

its better than them been out there selling gear to kids or robbing houses dont yer think.....

a lot of wc are to blame for wc problems, by this i mean they say you need a min price of £10 to all the newbies and if your not making 4k a month then you aint running it properly, telling custys that if they want to go 8 weekly they need to add 50% to the price,

newbies do this and then wonder why they are losing work to people who charge less,

wc started off every 2 weeks, then people started charging more for monthly, they people started offering 8 week service and then moan when custys say want to go every 3 months,

they all say we should say no to national contracts at £5 per shop, as it undervalues the businet o, yet a lot who say this are doing the nationals for cheap anyway and want to keep it a closed shop
i only do monthly's i would entertain any more.some ask me for every 2 weeks but i havent got the time and to honest id get sick of knocking on that door for money.

as for these national contracts you have firms like mite doing them for absolute p.nuts!!and there sh1t but no one cares because there cheap.

My point of this post was not to complain about someone charging less than me but to highlight the fact that my customer was and still is happy to pay more because I do a good job.

you need to be flexible in the job, I have had 3 customers this year that asked me if I can clean every 2 or 3 months instead of monthly.

they said they have a window cleaner but he wont allow them to do bi- monthly so they are leaving him.

This is a service industry and they say the customer is always right. yes you do need to put your foot down sometimes since they will take the **** when they can.

the occasional change to bi-monthly i could handle but i think you need to get the customers that will work your way rather then the other way round, what if all your custys decided to go bi-monthly? you lose 6 months worth of work thats what

this is true GM once one does it alot of people will jump on the wagon and want it,how can you make a living doing every 8 or 12 week cleans?you would have to have some serious amount of houses.

how would the custy like getting paid every other month?

i dont like the price of milk in tesco but if i ask them to reduce it will they???

i dont have this problem anyway as i dont over charge i make a living out of it and im not greedy i dont need tons of coin.i dont live to my means.no debt or finance or anything if somebody doesn't want to pay £6 a month then there not worth having to be fair.

telling custys that if they want to go 8 weekly they need to add 50% to the price,
The idea there is to get just a few more customers to make the same amount of money in less time not twice as many, unless you'd like to make 50% more obviously for the same amount of work each month. It also saves each customer 25% over the 8 weeks which in this day and age is a good selling point.

Everyone's got a different idea, some might not be as good as others, and some just might not seem to be to you but you might be wrong or I/they might be.

It depends on how the individual implements their ideas, yours works for you and theirs works for them but neither is wrong if that's the case. I'm new to window cleaning but not exactly wet behind the ears.

Latest Posts

Back