Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some will find the truth painful but.......

WCF

Help Support WCF:

For me it stopped being about money a while ago. Now I'm in it for the game. Is that greed?

Yes you greedy b*****d! ?

Nice to see someone realise that money is not the factor that drives most to the top of their profession.

You're all quick to berate Bill Gates but never once has he spoken of his charitable donations the information comes from investigative organisations that like to dig this stuff up. 

Where would the tech world be without Bill? Wouldn't be where we are today, wouldn't have Facebook and the likes as Zuckerberg wouldn't have had a platform to build on.

Gates 'screwed' people over - being screwed is perspective. 

True story:  I had two lads repeatedly trying to BS me and pull the wool over my eyes,  I had enough of them 'screwing' me over, so yesterday morning I fired both on the spot. They're probably busy talking about how I 'screwed' them over. 

I do not condone or defend anyone I don't personally know but you're all pretty quick to judge Bill based on what you hear and read in the tabloids and media.  How much of your judgment comes from knowing him personally?  Just curious. 

Could he give away more? Probably, should he give away more?  What if he's found the cure for cancer and just needs another 2 billion to get this project of the ground to cure the world for 'free' (obviously not for free as it cost 86 billion but the folks getting cured at no cost to them wont think about that they'll think 'yay free cure')  

Back to quoting @Leeds   When you finally realize that it's about doing what you do well better than anyone else can be 'bothered' to do then the money becomes but a bi-product of what you do.  

Robert Kiyosaki was the original author of the first post - and from reactions as I predicted many don't like the truth ? 

His foundation is named after him and his wife, not exactly anonymous. 

My companies named after me - don't make me a billionaire.  

John Lewis, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer and on and on.  

Side note:  What if (work with me here) we had no billionaires in the world? Better still no millionaires......   ?  

Whom would we look to and blame for every elses poor financial standing then?  (Because we cant of course blame them themselves, it's never their fault)  

My companies named after me - don't make me a billionaire.  

John Lewis, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer and on and on.  

Side note:  What if (work with me here) we had no billionaires in the world? Better still no millionaires......   ?  

Whom would we look to and blame for every elses poor financial standing then?  (Because we cant of course blame them themselves, it's never their fault)  
His charitable foundation is named after them. I have no problems with billionaires, what I don't like are those that have fiddled their way through the system being somehow used as an example of the great and the good. 

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jan/22/police-seek-digger-driver-who-trashed-brand-new-travelodge

A interesting video, slightly related to the chief/Indian someone mentioned.

Don’t know the full story but I wouldn’t be surprised if the conclusion of the story is someone (or body of people) very well off at the top, with the labour on £120 a day not getting his deserved £600 weekly wage. Although what he’s done is sadly criminal damage so may well cost him a lot lot more sooner or later. 

His charitable foundation is named after them. I have no problems with billionaires, what I don't like are those that have fiddled their way through the system being somehow used as an example of the great and the good. 
Sadly it doesn't matter! The tax they pay would just end up going on paying back country debts and weapons development. It's ridiculous what percentage actually goes on health/housing/education etc. Absolutely pennies. 

That's why I (and most likely @Green Pro Clean Ltd) don't really care about what they do, because we don't plan on relying on the governments redistribution of tax for our welfare. I just feel bad for those who have to. 

People won't like this but, it's only God who will fix this mess and the evidence points to it being soon ? I don't want a reply to this last bit. It's just a side point, and a closed statement at that. 

Sadly it doesn't matter! The tax they pay would just end up going on paying back country debts and weapons development. It's ridiculous what percentage actually goes on health/housing/education etc. Absolutely pennies. 

That's why I (and most likely @Green Pro Clean Ltd) don't really care about what they do, because we don't plan on relying on the governments redistribution of tax for our welfare. I just feel bad for those who have to. 

People won't like this but, it's only God who will fix this mess and the evidence points to it being soon ? I don't want a reply to this last bit. It's just a side point, and a closed statement at that. 
I don't mind what they do but as I said in my initial reply is that to listen to people making them out to be like some generous messiah is in my eyes wrong. 

I'm sure there are better examples to use then Gates, and for those people that do then hats off to them. The actual sentiment of the OP I agree with, it's the example I disagree with. 

Here here mate! Bill Gates is the tech worlds version of someone converting to Catholicism because they think they can be absolved of all of their sins. He gives away so much money to produce an image to the general public because he was so badly berated in the 90's for screwing people over. When good things are done for selfish means and have little to no impact on the quality of you life are they still good things??

All billionaires are megalomaniacs because that's the only reason one can become a billionaire. One wants to take over the world and don't care how many folk they stand on to get there. I like the story of JP Getty, he was so incensed of folk using his telephone and not paying for it that he installed a payphone. We have definitely one or maybe two megalomaniacs in the making on here, I wonder if you can think of who they are? :1f602:  Hope I don't become a billionaire :1f602:  

All billionaires are megalomaniacs because that's the only reason one can become a billionaire. One wants to take over the world and don't care how many folk they stand on to get there. I like the story of JP Getty, he was so incensed of folk using his telephone and not paying for it that he installed a payphone. We have definitely one or maybe two megalomaniacs in the making on here, I wonder if you can think of who they are? :1f602:  Hope I don't become a billionaire :1f602:  
Haha, for some reason I kept thinking of that bloke on the old bond films with that grumpy white cat on his lap, you know the bloke - 'In my country mr Bond sheeps eyes are a delicacy' or whatever he used to say, ? ? Dunno why they're black and white either

Haha, for some reason I kept thinking of that bloke on the old bond films with that grumpy white cat on his lap, you know the bloke - 'In my country mr Bond sheeps eyes are a delicacy' or whatever he used to say, ? ? Dunno why they're black and white either
They've gone colour now, (the cat and laughing face) 

I agree with the sentiment at the extreme edges of the spectrum. Where this starts to fall apart is when you get closer to the middle of the spectrum. I don't claim benefits that I technically am "entitled to", due to my mindset of making do with what you got. 

I was talking to a customer today, and if you look at the way the poor are portrayed in the media it gives a negative view on benefits and those who claim them. 

Almost everyone who says they can't live with what they are given either...

Smoke

Drink

Have 10 kids

This system doesn't work. A better system would be a voucher system. You get your rent and council tax paid for. £x for food £x for electric, gas and water and £x for other bills, NO CASH. If you want money you had to earn it.

As for the wealthier end of the spectrum, up to a point it is greed the drive people. Think of your wealthiest customers, I'd bet that over the forum the wealthier they are the less tips you get at Christmas and the more likely they were to moan about the price. They don't have money for no reason. Yes there will be exceptions to the rule, and that'll always be the case.

Just my 2p worth ?

I like the story of JP Getty, he was so incensed of folk using his telephone and not paying for it that he installed a payphone.

This is because he had no money.  All his money and I mean ALL was set up as charitable trusts.  He himself was a pauper.   Try the movie 'All The Money In The World'

I agree with the sentiment at the extreme edges of the spectrum. Where this starts to fall apart is when you get closer to the middle of the spectrum. I don't claim benefits that I technically am "entitled to", due to my mindset of making do with what you got. 

I was talking to a customer today, and if you look at the way the poor are portrayed in the media it gives a negative view on benefits and those who claim them. 

Almost everyone who says they can't live with what they are given either...

Smoke

Drink

Have 10 kids

This system doesn't work. A better system would be a voucher system. You get your rent and council tax paid for. £x for food £x for electric, gas and water and £x for other bills, NO CASH. If you want money you had to earn it.

As for the wealthier end of the spectrum, up to a point it is greed the drive people. Think of your wealthiest customers, I'd bet that over the forum the wealthier they are the less tips you get at Christmas and the more likely they were to moan about the price. They don't have money for no reason. Yes there will be exceptions to the rule, and that'll always be the case.

Just my 2p worth ?

You're dead right there, the system doesn't work.

My brothers girlfriend is a prime example.  She is probably the closest thing to evil I have come across but I'll leave it at that.  Anyway my parents have been sucked in by her lies and my father acted as guarantor for a room in a house share for her (without me knowing about it), anyway long story short she got kicked out and I helped my brother remove all her stuff out of the house, (I only offered to help as I was making sure he didn't move her back to my parents house).  His girlfriend is 41, doesn't work and is an abusive alcoholic on benefits that gets an allowance to pay the rent.  

Anyway she wasn't there on move out day because she was in hospital, basically she is in and out of a & e all the time due to her drinking.  After loading my van with all the stuff the landlady and landlord arrived to collect the keys, the landlady was almost in tears and shaking with anger, they proceed to tell me that she has never paid a penny in rent in the 7 months she has lived there.  Apparently my father paid the up front deposit and month in advance, he then paid a further 2 months at close to £500 per month and now is liable for the rest which is £1,900.  In 7 months it's cost him nearly £5k and he doesn't have that kind of money.

My brothers girlfriend has received the money in benefits for the rent, but she has spent it on other things.  How can this be right?  I think it was labour who introduced the new system where they thought that passing the money to the benefit claimant to then pass it on to the landlord was a good idea as it teaches them responsibility, it's an absolute disaster.  

However if you mention about giving out food vouchers it's frowned upon as being somehow unfair.  What unfair that they can't buy scratch cards, booze and takeaways?  

It doesn't work and just results in good people losing money at the expense of the lying cheating scum bags.  

Chris.

This is because he had no money.  All his money and I mean ALL was set up as charitable trusts.  He himself was a pauper.   Try the movie 'All The Money In The World'

Watched Donald Sutherland play Getty and thought he was great. Getty put all the money in a family trust fund which meant the children have a claim on the trust. It is the only rich family that has never fought over money and actually kept them all together after his death. Quite a good idea but I don't think the trust paid much tax. The duke of Westminster died and left £10 billion in a trust fund. No inheritance tax was paid because the wealth was in a trust fund. The reason joe bloggs doesn't do the same is because it costs a lot of money to set up a trust fund. Money talks in every language that's why the rich live longer, never worry over money. 50% of the people in hospital is a result of worry, mainly over money so I read.

However if you mention about giving out food vouchers it's frowned upon as being somehow unfair

I use food vouchers all the time.  Check your junk mail full of 2 for 1 offers I also ise compare the Market.  Monday 4 of us had a meal out at Chiquitos for just under £30.  

Awesome. 

Google meal deal vouchers. Food coupons. Food vouchers. Etc you'll find loads of deals. 

I use food vouchers all the time.  Check your junk mail full of 2 for 1 offers I also ise compare the Market.  Monday 4 of us had a meal out at Chiquitos for just under £30.  

Awesome. 

Google meal deal vouchers. Food coupons. Food vouchers. Etc you'll find loads of deals. 
I'm on about instead of £100 cash £100 of vouchers that can only be used in supermarkets, but only on food. Like the milk vouchers you can get when you have a kid, just for food, no booze, ciggies etc

I think money in itself is a pretty **** motivator.

Once you have a roof over your head, clothes, food and the usual stuff such as cars, holidays etc what more do you really need.

I cant think of anything i want to be honest

I think the biggest motivator is to see what you can achieve, to find out what you are capable of....money is just a by product of success but success is what is fulfilling not money

I'm on about instead of £100 cash £100 of vouchers that can only be used in supermarkets, but only on food. Like the milk vouchers you can get when you have a kid, just for food, no booze, ciggies etc

I know exactly what you were on about mate and honestly 10 years back when we were beyond broke if someone had said we could have food vouchers that could only be used for food I would have knelt down and cried..........  with gratitude...  that's how dire times were.  

I think it's the way forward. 

As stated before... give a poor person £1000 they buy a iphone.... give a rich person £1000 they invest it and turn it into more. 

Instead of £1000 'credits' (cause we cant say benefits anymore) I agree with 'Vouchers' that can not be used on anything but food, certain foods only not junk and booze and even a Voucher you give the landlord / gas man / electric company that they then bank like a cheque.    But no we have to consider their 'dignity'  If you 'begging' society to feed and house you to start with (benefits) then dignity shouldn't be a consideration.   

Holy Bible Batman!   ?

Matthew 25 ends quite a bit more harshly for pauper number 3 than it it does for my pauper, least mine gets a phone out of it! ?

? serves him right! Scholars say a talent is about 33kg of gold/silver each! That's around 500k to a mill in today's prices!!!

Back