Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Something useful if you use hoseless

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JEM

I've been running the hoseless system made up of some of the parts from the kit I bought separately
I needed to remove my gardener scraper from my brush as tomorrow as I have a job that has the Juliet balcony with the bars so it wouldn't fit.

I have the standard hose stay that as anyone knows once they are on they are hard to remove and refit, I know exceed do a new hose stay but I needed something today
So chopped up a JG t piece and it works perfectly and it's free!
Here's a photo

Attachments

• 20220601_153542.jpg
    20220601_153542.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220601_153614.jpg
    20220601_153614.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220601_153617.jpg
    20220601_153617.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 28
@Skxawng made something similar a good while ago. They are very good hose stays. I have bought the new goosenecks, they are really good. You don’t need a hose stay, they remove a lot easier than the old style. I just take the gooseneck out of the pole, slip my scraper on and off really easy. Going to fit all my poles with them. Tested it now about 6 months, wouldn’t go back to the old style now.

@Skxawng made something similar a good while ago. They are very good hose stays. I have bought the new goosenecks, they are really good. You don’t need a hose stay, they remove a lot easier than the old style. I just take the gooseneck out of the pole, slip my scraper on and off really easy. Going to fit all my poles with them. Tested it now about 6 months, wouldn’t go back to the old style now.
I'm hoping i don't need the new goosenecks as I prefer being able to connect the hose one-handed!

Do you use a swivel? We also find putting the brush through at the bottom of the railings is easiest. If you get the bush through then rotate it back to parallel the scraper should go through
Yeah i do, I wouldn't be without my swivel now. I did try maybe there is a way with some jiggery-pokery I just think will be easier without it, especially when doing the 3rd storey balcony

@Skxawng I have bought the new goosenecks, they are really good. You don’t need a hose stay, they remove a lot easier than the old style. I just take the gooseneck out of the pole, slip my scraper on and off really easy. Going to fit all my poles with them. Tested it now about 6 months, wouldn’t go back to the old style now.
Do you use hoseless? I am in 2 minds about the new gooseneck as on one hand they don't need any additional bits to stop hose pulling through when using a univavle but on the other they aren't great if you want hoseless, plus if you have to put a gooseneck extension on you can't just pull extra hose through the gooseneck you have to have an extra bit the correct length.

I am seriously considering going hoseless as I do spend a bit of time coiling up the pole hose, but not sure on the durability of the release sleeve being dragged round when reeling in? I am not keen on the new hoseless system as old one seemed one handed now needs 2.

I too love the new gardeners gooseneck. So much easier than the last one to remove and put back in.

I also run a tubeless system that works one handed with the new gooseneck too. I finally have a setup with my pole that I'm happy with. Just need to convert the rest of my poles to the new gooseneck as I only swapped over a month ago.

Do you use hoseless? I am in 2 minds about the new gooseneck as on one hand they don't need any additional bits to stop hose pulling through when using a univavle but on the other they aren't great if you want hoseless, plus if you have to put a gooseneck extension on you can't just pull extra hose through the gooseneck you have to have an extra bit the correct length.

I am seriously considering going hoseless as I do spend a bit of time coiling up the pole hose, but not sure on the durability of the release sleeve being dragged round when reeling in? I am not keen on the new hoseless system as old one seemed one handed now needs 2.
Why do you think they aren’t great with tubeless out of interest? Gooseneck choice has nothing to do with that end of it all, at least it doesn’t with my tubeless setup, or am I missing something?

Why do you think they aren’t great with tubeless out of interest? Gooseneck choice has nothing to do with that end of it all, at least it doesn’t with my tubeless setup, or am I missing something?
The old Gardiner Goosenecks had a hose that passes through the gooseneck. So when you fit a hoseless system you can thread the pole hose through the gooseneck then fit a hose stop. The new goosenecks have a fixed tube at the bottom and a john guest at the top, so there is a waterway built into the gooseneck. You use a john guest on your pole hose to connect to the gooseneck then a separate piece of hose from the gooseneck's built in john guest to your brush tee.
The problem that it presents for hoseless is you need to somehow stretch the pole hose to connect to the gooseneck, which is difficult as the bottom end is fixed in the bung!
The problem is only with the new gardener gooseneck - well unless you have an easy way to do it?

The old Gardiner Goosenecks had a hose that passes through the gooseneck. So when you fit a hoseless system you can thread the pole hose through the gooseneck then fit a hose stop. The new goosenecks have a fixed tube at the bottom and a john guest at the top, so there is a waterway built into the gooseneck. You use a john guest on your pole hose to connect to the gooseneck then a separate piece of hose from the gooseneck's built in john guest to your brush tee.
The problem that it presents for hoseless is you need to somehow stretch the pole hose to connect to the gooseneck, which is difficult as the bottom end is fixed in the bung!
The problem is only with the new gardener gooseneck - well unless you have an easy way to do it?
Have you seen @Skxawng new tubless kit for the new gardeners gooseneck?

Iv been using it for about a month. It's awesome. It has worked flawlessly, and is fully contained withing the pole meaning it's just like the old tubless kit and one handed to connect and disconnect. As another advantage no need for a spacer so my pole is shorter which I love.

We buy the old parts and still have the hose going through the gooseneck

Iv been using it for about a month. It's awesome. It has worked flawlessly, and is fully contained withing the pole meaning it's just like the old tubless kit and one handed to connect and disconnect. As another advantage no need for a spacer so my pole is shorter which I love.
I didn't know @Skxawng had another great product out. It looks great and perfect for the newer goosenecks. For anyone else who is looking for it here is the link: Tuff Tubeless Kit for Gardiner Poles | Rootek-Designs . Think I will be buying 1 complete kit and another 2 pole kits soon. Cheers.

Ahh ok, I just used a different length of hose for mine when I switched gooseneck

Do you have a link to the website? I bought the original parts only, to make up my hoseless, but couldn't see how you can use it with the new gooseneck as like Ched said you can't just pull the hose out the gooseneck anymore
It's ok Ched just posted it above(y)

Latest Posts

Back